correct emblems

petert

Reaction score
My '73 coupe needs matching emblems for the pillars, hood and trunk. Are they all supposed to be raised lettering on these emblems for this year? Also, I have found different shades of blue to be commonplace when ordering individually. Just how can I get all the same shade of blue so they match? Even my local BMW dealer can only get a reddish blue pillar emblem which matches nothing. Any suggestions? Thanks.

bmwmadman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I don't have an answer to the color issue - I have found the same. Most of the issues I have found are around the pillar emblems.

But the front hood and rear deck lid badges were originally raised lettering (from what I have uncovered anyway). The front can still be found on ebay from time to time, but the raise rear lid one is harder to find. You might consider painting or paying someone to paint your existing badges - if you have them.

Sooner

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Raised Letter Roundel

My son has the front ones, raised letter and correct color. Rear is not available in the raised letter, and the posts you get the purpleish color, which he has in stock and better than the dealer price.