Cloth covered brake hose

Christopher

Site Donor
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a source for orginal style cloth covered brake hose ?

After much searching I found a listing on Ebay from a company in Lithuania. However, after waiting patiently for 4 weeks for it to arrive it turns out to be Conti rubber hose (albeit with a BMW part number).

I have a small amount of the blue rubber / black cloth hose sourced some while ago from W&N, but unfortunately not quite enough to do all 3 hoses

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score

After much searching I found a listing on Ebay from a company in Lithuania. However, after waiting patiently for 4 weeks for it to arrive it turns out to be Conti rubber hose (albeit with a BMW part number).

I have a small amount of the blue rubber / black cloth hose sourced some while ago from W&N, but unfortunately not quite enough to do all 3 hoses

i don´t have a source,
i bought the original rubber blue and cover blue, but that was gone a long time ago

boonies

Boonies
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
In the states there are some places that sell the blue hose. I can't remember where I bought the last batch, but below are a couple of US based sources. You might want to look for shops that cater to old VW's as they also used the blue hose.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
If you are going to put that stuff in your car, be advised that you may need to stop in the middle of a project to wash your hands lest you turn it from blue to dingy black.

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score

BAP used to stock it. It is very very close to original.

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
Interestingly, the Belmetric add says "made in Germany". Strange we cannot find the source then.
Anyone actually has a few feet it it? On the belmetric add the blue piece in the background has some text on it; it seems to read 'Conti' at the far right. But there may be more text.
Conti does do automotive stuff.....

Screenshot_20231120_211533_Samsung Internet.jpg
Anyone with Belmetric hose who can check what the text is from begin to end?

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Interestingly, the Belmetric add says "made in Germany". Strange we cannot find the source then.
Anyone actually has a few feet it it? On the belmetric add the blue piece in the background has some text on it; it seems to read 'Conti' at the far right. But there may be more text.
Conti does do automotive stuff.....

View attachment 172210
Anyone with Belmetric hose who can check what the text is from begin to end?
I am away from the car for a couple weeks but I think the above pic says “conti-tech” but looking a pic of the hose I just installed I don’t think it says it on mine.

IMG_4451.jpeg

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
I bought the darker blue braided hose many months ago and found the braid wants to unravel where it was cut with a razor blade. Has anyone found a way to stop this from happening?

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
Maybe a thin band of shrink tubing will also give it a finished look and stop it from fraying at the same time.
and fully reversible! I always favour those type of solutions: You apply it, and if think it looks funny you just cut it.

I think the 'Conti-...' hose wiht the yellow lines looks more accurate compared to the original i have.
The other hoses (without the yellow lines) all looks to be more 'wooly'; having fibres stick out from the braid; it already has the fibres sticking out on the pictures of the many companies selling it.