Chroming grills from Speedway

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
very happy that i bought a new set of all 4 for my repaint. wish i had bought 2 sets.
Pot metal will weigh more than plastic.

I’m guessing that since you had them in your hand it was evident that they were metal.

View attachment 50702
yes they weighed quite a bit more - probably 2.5 to 3 times. that was only the hood grilles if i remember correctly

Erik

Site Donor
Reaction score
Recall that forum member Vraned was working on his inspiring reproduction metal grilles to streamline their possible production some time back. Super cool, but maybe something that was too challenging in terms of time & expense to put into multiples-production in the end. Clearly not a trivial process.

Or maybe I missed the group-buy, but would still be ready if there was a chance to purchase metal grilles like these someday.

http://www.vranedom.com/fendergrills/fendergrills.html

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Recall that forum member Vraned was working on his inspiring reproduction metal grilles to streamline their possible production some time back. Super cool, but maybe something that was too challenging in terms of time & expense to put into multiples-production in the end. Clearly not a trivial process.

Or maybe I missed the group-buy, but would still be ready if there was a chance to purchase metal grilles like these someday.

http://www.vranedom.com/fendergrills/fendergrills.html

I’ve read through that thread a few times and to me
they look like $600 grills. :(

EJ333

Reaction score
My grills are plastic and have a silver anodized
matte finish. I think the color looks fine but there are a couple of small cracks on one of my hood grills where the grill slats intersect.
I am not opposed to having them “chromed” by the place in Burbank recommended by Markos, but that depends on the pricing.
Another option I would consider is spraying them myself in the anodized silver shade similar to Alpina wheels. Is this a good idea for a refresh ?

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Surely plastic. It doesn’t specify but it’s been all plastic since many a years.......