chrome right and left 2800cs side grills

steve in reno

Reaction score
now that I have your attention.
I have a pair I had replated in the 90's and would like some feedback for pricing.
I have not stated FOR SALE
for discussion. No idea of value.
finish is a 10. View able as a 10
there are mounting posts missing on l & R
They are in sealed bags, and these are not great pics

I will post pics

Attachments

• IMGP0111.JPG
    IMGP0111.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 148
  • IMGP0112.JPG
    IMGP0112.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 148
  • IMGP0113.JPG
    IMGP0113.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 143
  • IMGP0114.JPG
    IMGP0114.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 143
  • IMGP0115.JPG
    IMGP0115.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 145

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hey Steve, I think aearch stole your password and is posting in your name...

WISE9UY

Site Donor
Reaction score
If this becomes a for sale item, please let me know as I would be interested. Alternatively, please advise who did the chrome plating. If others would like to chime in on chrome plating please do so as I would like my chromed.

With regards to value, last year Walloth and Nesch still had OEM chrome ones for sale. However due to my naivity, I assumed they were a current production item and did not worry to order and they are since no longer available. The price at the time was about 90Euro, but tax would come off that for us in the US. I have also been in touch with BMW Classic Parts who will supply rechromed ones (using new black grills as a basis) for $150. Considering that yours has missing tabs, I would value them at $80 each if the chrome is perfect allowing a reduction for the broken tabs. Even at that price, I will concede that I would almost sooner spend the little bit more and not have broken tabs. That said, I would still be interested in pictures with a view to purchase them.

Stables Group

Reaction score
I was bidding on new L & R chrome grilles on eBay yesterday. I didn't get them and they sold for $505!

I have several black ones and two passenger-side chrome grilles but need driver side in chrome. I can't find anyone to chrome plate the black ones.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I was bidding on new L & R chrome grilles on eBay yesterday. I didn't get them and they sold for $505!

I have several black ones and two passenger-side chrome grilles but need driver side in chrome. I can't find anyone to chrome plate the black ones.

Let me check. I may be able to trade a driver chrome for a passenger black. I had no idea that these were commanding such a premium. werent they $100 new last year?

Stables Group

Reaction score
Passenger side in chrome are available but no driver side. I don't know the logic behind that but that's the reality. If you have driver side in chrome, I'll buy from you or trade a black one. Let me know..thanks.