Chrome Plating Plastic

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I thought I had someone to chrome plate the plastic bumper blanks that I had made but now he informed me he does not do that.

Does anyone have a contact who might provide this service?

I am in NH but can mail the parts.

Stan

Bill Riblett

(deceased)
Reaction score
Contact Carl Nelson of LaJolla Independent. I think he has has some of this work done in the past, like plating hood and fender 'grills'.

There are two types of "chrome plating" for plastics. One only works on interior parts and is not very durable.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
recent update

The blanks have been cut from ABS plastic.
I searched for someone to chrome plate them with my last (as yet unresponded to) email to Ben at La Jolla Independent.

There was a you tube where Jay Leno showed a process of spraying the parts with primer and then following up with a chrome paint. Several attempts have yeilded less than perfect results.

Does anyone have any new ideas of where chroming could be done? I found one place but they wanted $60.00 per blank to plate. Plus the cost of the unplated piece would make each piece cost $100. Ridiculous.

Stan

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I had a local chrome shop do side vents and hood grilles. He ended up nickel plating - I am not sure if it was over chrome or chrome over nickel. Great job! not cheap. Four pieces, $600. Worth every penny that came from selling parts from our Barn Find CSi. That was the only way I could afford the work.

I highly recommend the shop and can get the name and address. Easy to do by mail and I would run any interference that hopefully would not develop.
Steve

steve in reno

Reaction score
http://www.cvvacuumplaters.com/.
They were from Canada, as I had them do many pieces for me long ago. When sending parts they were actually mailed to an US address and hand carried across the border.

They are out of business as of 6 years ago or so. Too bad since they did good work.

cv was the persons name...Chuck ?

My parts came out exceptional, but did hear of complaints later.

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Chrome Plating Plastic.

Hi Everyone:
Years ago I found an ad in Hemmings for a company named ACL Restoration Services in Millbury Ma. tat Chrome Plated Plastic. Millbury is 15 minits fromy house. The phone is 508-865-7005 and email is [email protected]. I will try to get more info. and if they are still in business I will get a sample of their work and send it to whomever.
Have a great evening.
Koopman

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Everyone:
Years ago I found an ad in Hemmings for a company named ACL Restoration Services in Millbury Ma. tat Chrome Plated Plastic. Millbury is 15 minits fromy house. The phone is 508-865-7005 and email is [email protected]. I will try to get more info. and if they are still in business I will get a sample of their work and send it to whomever.
Have a great evening.
Koopman

send it to me in NH
How far is Uxbtidge from Plymouth?

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Chrome plating

Hi:
I do not know exactly how far. Let me first find out if the company is still in Millbury,ma.
Koopman