carpet Q?

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Not currently near my cars; Which is left (driver) and which is right (passenger) of the two rear floor/large carpet pieces (the ones that almost look like the state of MN/have a small pointy part at the front/top...)? Yes, I should know this...Thanks,
Dave V. in NC

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Not currently near my cars; Which is left (driver) and which is right (passenger) of the two rear floor/large carpet pieces (the ones that almost look like the state of MN/have a small pointy part at the front/top...)? Yes, I should know this...Thanks,
Dave V. in NC
interesting question - my old world uph carpets had 1 piece rear pieces ... my KHM carpets are 2 pieces for each side in the rear. which is more correct ... or did it change at some point?

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
well i thought it all went on very easily. i haven't used any contact cement yet. i want to use it sparingly ... when i removed the old carpet which was relatively new and in good shape ... it pulled out a lot of the loop fibers and became trash.

i never knew what to do with the little "C" shaped pieces - now I know ... thanks for sharing. my coupe had the seat slider posts wrapped in vinyl ... so i refinished them and put them back on. i guess i will look at putting the "C" shaped pieces on the posts near the tranny tunnel.

thanks for sharing this old post - very helpful.

for those that go the KHM route, the piece over the tranny tunnel will need some contact cement around the hand brake and up to the center console. you will also need the cement on the vinyl trim pieces and on the carpet pieces in the foot wells.

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
carpet

Thanks, folks for all of the help..(especially Doug for following through with the old pieces; their restoration is a pleasant surprise..just a few are trash-bound...), and thanks for the old post also, thats great.
Dave V. in NC