Can I get an ID on this please

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
Can't find any information in my BMW bluebooks.
Everything in my car 100% works perfectly, so I assume nothing important needs to plug in here?

plug.jpg

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
Great, thanks for the info Chris.
Maybe because my car has a Haltech ECU and therefore a different set up and harness, it must not need this cold start function.
Wait - elaborate on your Haltech setup. I would never do this to a CSL but dealing with D-jet issues now has me intrigued. If you eliminated the cold start injector, have you removed all the other D-jet related components? Do you have/use some type of MPS to feedback into the Haltech? What are you using for the TPS? Did you replace the entire harness? If so, that explains the absence of the other black majic D-jet parts...

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
Wait - elaborate on your Haltech setup. I would never do this to a CSL but dealing with D-jet issues now has me intrigued. If you eliminated the cold start injector, have you removed all the other D-jet related components? Do you have/use some type of MPS to feedback into the Haltech? What are you using for the TPS? Did you replace the entire harness? If so, that explains the absence of the other black majic D-jet parts...
With a complete engine rebuild, and back to factory hp, it was decided not to put back the old ECU that was troublesome and 50 years old. So a new Haltech ECU was swapped for the D-jet ECU and yes a new harness was also installed. The Haltech is mapped to the engine, and I get faultless starting, and drives well (and 205 hp on Dyno).

That's fine if you wouldn't do it on a CSL (I bought my car with this Haltech upgrade so didn't have a choice anyway). However if I ever sell my car the new custodian can reinstall the old D-jet arrangement.

It's a bit of an expensive upgrade but well worth it to me, and my ECU is future proofed for 20-30 years before it maybe needs a software upgrade or replacement unit.

I believe there a lots of posts about upgrading ECU's, and other good options are recommended such as MegaSquirt.

Last edited:

matthewp

Reaction score
I had a Haltech on my CSi for years. They supply you with a TPS. Easy to set. You register 100 open throttle when setting up. I switched because i put in a bigger cam outside the vacuum tolerances for Djet. Haltech is a very good EMS.

Fritzie

Reaction score
I my car, I removed also the fuel line and the start injector. Only the by-pass air connection is operational.

(It’s not a CSL motor. M30B32 ‘84 built in a e3)

Attachments

• 9011F61C-41D0-4CEA-B12F-82249D61D7FC.jpeg
    9011F61C-41D0-4CEA-B12F-82249D61D7FC.jpeg
    111.9 KB · Views: 69