Campagnolo wheels ??

BMW Pete

Site Donor
Reaction score
Guys,

Have any of you ever seen these Campagnolo wheels on an E9 and even if not maybe somebody has information on them?

Thanks

Pete

IMG_6841.JPG

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Not that they always were, but they always remind me of early seventies Maserati (Indy, Merak, etc)....Check out histowheels.com/campagnolo...cool site for wasting time...
My 2002 wears Campy Ragno's (aka Spiders). They seldom made less than beautifully-designed wheels. Seem to remember that the wheels were warrentied for life...not sure whose life. Hope this helps a little.

BMW Pete

Site Donor
Reaction score
Not that they always were, but they always remind me of early seventies Maserati (Indy, Merak, etc)....Check out histowheels.com/campagnolo...cool site for wasting time...
My 2002 wears Campy Ragno's (aka Spiders). They seldom made less than beautifully-designed wheels. Seem to remember that the wheels were warrentied for life...not sure whose life. Hope this helps a little.

Thanks Dave,

That is fantastic, not only lists them but lists them as just for our BMWs 2500 - 2800, BMW 2800 CS - 3000

http://www.histowheels.com/Campagnolo/Campagnolo-40608/

Much appreciated.......now to find a picture on car :)

Pete

BMW Pete

Site Donor
Reaction score
Challenge accepted. Although I'm 0 for 2. No frua blinkers or procar bumper carrying golf cart passengers.
Mark,

Not in my books mate, I now have a dash for my E24 and a 5 bar black grill down to you my friend.

You are 2 for 2 in my book:)

Thanks

Pete

Last edited:

BMW Pete

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nice looking wheels but never saw them on an E9, have seen them on Alfa Montreal, looked good on that car. Good luck with finding a picture, must be one out there somewhere

Thanks, Rick
Hi Rick,

They definitely look similar to a Montreal wheel in pictures, and I can see why somebody might want to fit a set. But very different in real life and also different bolt pattern, so a bit of work to put these on a Montreal.

The Historic wheels site Dave V kindly shared list them as made for our BMWs, so fingers crossed somebody somewhere has a picture or maybe even a BMW parts brochure listing them...........time to dig through all my old brochures :)

Thanks again guys

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks Pete!

I looked around for 30 minutes or so. I found lots of interesting pics and even bookmarked some
for future research. No go on the wheels as of yet.

stphers

Reaction score
Hi Pete,

Sorry did not mean that these particular wheels were for a Montreal, just that I have seen the same style wheels on an Alfa. I haven't seen them on anything else, not so sure that they would look good on an E9. Call me old fashioned but I really like the look of the original wheels on an E9, not such a big fan of the Alpinas. They are staring to look to common. Just waiting for the wrath about to come down on me for this HA HA

Thanks, Rick

BMW Pete

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Rick,

The wrath of the lord will come down upon you........or whatever it was Samuel L Jackson said in Pulp Fiction :)

I am like you Rick, I like the original wheels, I like the Alpinas as well, but I think there is a certain wonderful nostalgia feeling with the original wheels.

Wouldn't put them on a CSL, but I agree good looking wheels.

Now these, its more about research for me, feels kinda silly having them in my stash and not knowing to much about them.

Pete

Bavman

Reaction score
Hello

I have a 73 Bavaria that was ordered with Campy's. When I got the car only one wheel survived, which I think I sold on this list. I believe I still have the Campy "owners manual" in the glovebox, will check.

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Steve, "Conserv" over on the 02, is the history-wheel guru, and a good guy..I think the histowheels link came from him originally.
When I bought my Campy's for the 02, the ebay seller asked if I wanted the NOS "C" lug nuts to match the wheels...thought it was a waste of money at the time, but glad I relented and bought the package...
Seems like I saw where someone is reproducing some of their wheels in Asia, for the Ferrari guys maybe...?