calling all seattle area coupes

alanmcg

Reaction score
i am hosting a little coffee and coupes morning at my house, saturday june 22nd, starting at 8am. pm me for address and directions. all are welcome (4 coupes and 1 csl confirmed so far).

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Sounds great....
Sven sent me the directions.

Fingers crossed for some decent weather. lol...

Sven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
gathering update

So far we have six coupes confirmed and three owner's with in-operative coupes (in transit and various stages of restoration). Any others out there? PM me for directions.

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Maybe I should take the Mustang....

J/K.... ;)

As to Monday... I have to check with the 'social director' and figure that out....

Attachments

• DSC_0104 (Large).JPG
    DSC_0104 (Large).JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 235
  • DSC00305e (Medium).JPG
    DSC00305e (Medium).JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:

Sven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Last call / reminder

Well, the weather is looking good for Saturday. Hopefully we will see about seven coupes + some coupeless folks. Are there any other Seattle area, or beyond, coupe owners I have not communicated with that are interested in attending? PM me or Alan for details.

seacoupe?
bryceha?

alanmcg

Reaction score
great day

seattle put on a perfect day for our little gathering. we had 7 coupes, and several other coupe owners sans-cars. in the second pic, i asked all the owners to stand in front of their cars (nice to put a face to online friends) - as soon as i said that, sven RAN to stand in front of pete's amazing alpina csl - other than that falatious moment of car envy, the rest of us are actually standing beside our beloved steeds - starting from front:
ccngu08y (martin), scotthighland (scott), lip277 (kevin), bmwpete (pete) standing in front of Sven's car, alanmcg (alan), sven (sven - aka the liar), ken (sorry ken dont know your online name).

great fun - thnks for coming over guys.

Attachments

• 022-1.jpg
    022-1.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 236
  • 024-1.jpg
    024-1.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 213
  • 032-1.jpg
    032-1.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 238
  • 047-1.jpg
    047-1.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 228
  • 040-1.jpg
    040-1.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 216

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The wife has decided that our vacation next year will take us to Oregon and up to Seattle and then to Montana with our tent trailer. I love the PNW just wouldnt want to spend all year there! Won't have the coupe but I will have look you guys up, ala Stan.

Chris

ccmguy8

Reaction score
Pics

Thanks again to Sven and Alan for setting up/hosting this wonderful gathering of E9's. Awesome weather, donuts, coffee, conversations and of course cars :D. It was great to finally meet everyone. Looking forward to the next one.
DSC_0100_zpsa2461caa.jpg

null_zpsbfcd8d92.jpg

null_zpsa77c5c38.jpg

null_zps1f337e9d.jpg

null_zpsf7e967d5.jpg

null_zps3c196b75.jpg

null_zps631b0eb7.jpg

null_zpsd5c6d38b.jpg

null_zpscad2f09a.jpg

null_zps03e61ff6.jpg

null_zps0beaba13.jpg

Last edited:

Tom P

Reaction score
Looks like a great gathering! Question, what are those clocks or gauges above the radio on the first interior shot? Close up possible?

ken olsen

Reaction score
Rally Clocks

Those are Heuer rally clocks that we use for vintage Time/Speed/Distance rallies. The right hand one is a "Master Time" 8-day clock. This is set to official rally time and is used to time check for the execution of route instructions. The left hand one is a "Monte Carlo" used to measure elapsed/remaining time to a destination with an assigned arrival time. It is also used for "regularity trials" in which laps on racetracks must be completed to identical seconds. I found them in a junk store in Issaquah about 15 years ago, and snagged them for $200. After $75 in cleaning and calibrating, they have been a great addition to the car. A serial number check showed them to be from 1973, a total bonus as that's also the year of my coupe. I have been offered surprising amounts of money for them, but they are staying with the car, at least during my ownership.

Thank you all for the excellent morning with coupes and coffee. Im my opinion, Sven is now the NW King of Coupedom. His car is better than new, and he did it himself! It was great to see old friends and make new ones. I am looking forward to more debuts (Bill and others). Lets stay in touch and drive these puppies!

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
It was great to get the Seattle group together.

See LINK for an album of some pictures I took yesterday...

I hope to be able to get everyone together at my place this fall. Some really nice roads up north that we can go exploring.

bimbill

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I'd like to add my thanks to Sven and Alan for organizing and hosting this. The weather and setting couldn't have been better and I hope this is the start of more regular gatherings.