bye for now

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I am happy to say that I am the lucky guy who ended up with Joe’s 71 2800CSa . He has done a great job going over everything in the car with plenty of love and care . I drove it last night for 240 miles from Joe’s place in Texas to my house in Edmond. And another 50 miles today! My first E9 with triple Weber . I am dying to play with synchronizing the triples carbs and getting used to the car ...
I told Joe he is welcome to show up and take it for spin anytime he is in the area. Beside me he has other friend he can visit nearby. With me having the car he has more reason to come up this way!
Best wishes to all and Happy Holidays !
Tony P.

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
A73B3F50-1226-4412-8A20-705F82B726FD.jpeg
9D945100-21D3-403E-9C13-1BEDA304CDC2.jpeg
354D7AF0-D104-4EC7-B6B5-444979716A53.jpeg

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
no Arde, not working clocks are at 10 past 10 :D

and sorry , i didn't follow the hole story , was it the intention of Joe , restoring the car for selling it ?

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
o_Oo_O
Nice, Tony! How many e9 do you have now? Did you finish your Polaris project e9?
Polaris restoration is at stand still! Long story ...
I have 7 E9 ,
Three running (73 Ceylon, this one , and a 74 Polaris )
Two under restoration (71 polaris(my first one) second is the “Ohio car”)
And two more waiting to be restored !!!

That’s why I became the parts hoarder!!!;)o_O:confused:

Last edited:

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Tony,
Nice car, great color. Glad it stayed in the “family”.
Joe,
We’ll see you again the “itch” returns.

Good luck!
John

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score

Congrats, Tony. But we’ve got to work on the location selection for your shoots around OKC.:)

o_Oo_O
Polaris restoration is at stand still! Long story ...
I have 7 E9 ,
Three running (73 Ceylon, this one , and a 74 Polaris )
Two under restoration (71 polaris(my first one) second is the “Ohio car”)
And two more waiting to be restored !!!

That’s why I became the parts hoarder!!!;)o_O:confused:

This must explain why there’s not an E9 or interchangeable e12/e24/e28 part within 200 miles of OKC. I’ve gone places I was sure no
one knew about, and yet mysteriously all the good stuff one could use on an e9 was picked.;)

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Congrats, Tony. But we’ve got to work on the location selection for your shoots around OKC.:)

This must explain why there’s not an E9 or interchangeable e12/e24/e28 part within 200 miles of OKC. I’ve gone places I was sure no
one knew about, and yet mysteriously all the good stuff one could use on an e9 was picked.;)
That’s Hilarious! But I accept!
Let me put it this way , I am a sucker for punishment , and may be overly optimistic! (as it relates to wanting to restore any E9 I find)
By the way I don’t know if it makes it any better but I have travelled exclusively for E9 purposes much farther than 200 miles , many times!! :cool:;) From Lajolla , CA , to Calgary Canada, to Libertyville IL, to Mami Florida! If that is not a mania , I don’t know what it is!

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
That’s Hilarious! But I accept!
Let me put it this way , I am a sucker for punishment , and may be overly optimistic! (as it relates to wanting to restore any E9 I find)
By the way I don’t know if it makes it any better but I have travelled exclusively for E9 purposes much farther than 200 miles , many times!! :cool:;) From Lajolla , CA , to Calgary Canada, to Libertyville IL, to Mami Florida! If that is not a mania , I don’t know what it is!

I hate to say it but I’m happy for your family’s sake that you are rescuing e9’s and not cats.