bumper blanks

Should I investigate reproductions of bumper blanks?

• yes, if you remanufacture, I want 2!

Votes: 13 92.9%
  • No, I don't think anyone wants these

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pamp

Reaction score
Yeah

I do the same. Dummy lights to fill the holes....not wired. Doesn't seem too ugly compared to holes. Put me down for a pair....why not? On the subject, has anyone received and installed James's improved visor mounts? I was one of the first on that list....Sunroof deflector? Hmmm....I will bite on that one as well. PM me

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
I kinda like the bumper lights and was hoping door brakes were the next part on your list.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Half way done!

My nephew reverse engineered and made a run of 12 pieces.
I found a guy, or rather he found me, and he can chrome plate the plastic!
As soon as I get the parts, I will send them to Texas and when I get them back, I will photograph them and determine a final price. They will probably cost less that the lights they replace!

Stan

Last edited:

execmalibu

Reaction score
Chrome PLASTIC eh?... How much for him to chrome the hood and side grilles?

Stan,

You would think with what we are paying you for all of your time and expertise you would be on top of this:razz:...

Here it appears you forgot to ask how much to chrome our side/hood grilles? Are loosing focus and slowing down on us?...

If you don't pay attention we will be forced to hire someone else:cry:...

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hmmm

Since new hood and side grills are readily available, I never thought to look.
I can ask if you really want to know....
The chromer is not a family member so expect full price.

execmalibu

Reaction score
I have a box of them that need chrome... So if they were reasonable?

I have a few sets that need chroming so if the cost were reasonable it might be worth having them done...

BTW

Now that you have done the hard parts when are you going to start reproducing the easy stuff?

If we put an entire coupe into the machine can't we get new bodies made?

pamp

Reaction score
That would be cool. Seems to me they were making AC Cobra bodies in a former MIG plant in Poland...very precise and far better than original. An all aluminum and stainless E9...get it done Jeff....

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have a few sets that need chroming so if the cost were reasonable it might be worth having them done...

BTW

Now that you have done the hard parts when are you going to start reproducing the easy stuff?

If we put an entire coupe into the machine can't we get new bodies made?

Yes but it would be one solid piece, like a giant paper weight!

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That would be cool. Seems to me they were making AC Cobra bodies in a former MIG plant in Poland...very precise and far better than original. An all aluminum and stainless E9...get it done Jeff....

What is a re manufactured aluminum hood or trunk lid worth?
Ya never know, I might know a guy....

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
pricing options

The guy who was going to plate the bumper blanks at a reasonable price has backed out.
I have been seaarching for an alternative since the blanks are now cut out and ready to be chromed.

Pauls Chrome wants $65 per blank plus shipping to chrome. I am told their work is excellent
Instrument Specialties wants $40 per blank but says their chrome is designed for interior work only.

Now, give that a pair of bumper blanks will likely cost between $150 and $205, does anyone still want them?

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Did not want to start a new thread

Hope you don't mind if I piggy back on this one. Recently I bought a set of 72 bumpers for my 74. Everything arrived in pretty good condition but I think I'm missing a piece, which is understandable. The piece in question is what covers the 3 carrige bolt heads on the rear bumper in the center. There is a cut-out in the rubber strip but I can't seem to find a close up picture to determine if this can be "made" or if I need to purchase one if even available.

Thanks!

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
is anyone still interested?

I just got a quote from another place for $25 per piece.
Who is interested at $110.00 a pair?