brake caliper rebuilding kit for a series 7 or 6 ..wanted help

bimoverde

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have been trying to rebuild a set of old ATE brake calipers that came from a series 6 or 7. I will be using them on my Alfa romeo montreal.
The pistons are 40mmx 32..
I have bought several kits from a fellow in england.. but every time i end up with beat up pistons with scratches and the caliper develop very slow leaks just with the car standing..
I have been trying to find a source for stainless steel piston in this detention i had no luck so far..
here is the link to the kits i have been getting..https://www.ebay.com/itm/123453035337
the kits are:

Front Brake Caliper Repair Kit BMW:E12,E23,E24,E28,5,7,6 34111120292 34111151347​

help appreciated..

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Are you using ATE kits? Looks like FCP has them for 10 bucks for the e24, non M version.

otter74

Reaction score
Can’t comment on cross-compatibility, but if there’s something that works, PMB is top-shelf. I have a pair of their rebuilt calipers on my 911.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Can’t comment on cross-compatibility, but if there’s something that works, PMB is top-shelf. I have a pair of their rebuilt calipers on my 911.
PMB just shipped my rebuilt fronts and am looking forward to their craftmanship. I have rebuilt my calipers a couple times and decided this time I'd go for a pro rehab.