Bonnet/Boot Emblem - Raised

TRIPPFONTAINE

Site Donor
Reaction score
Does anyone know if these can be sourced? Alternatively has anyone attempted to bring back to life faded emblems. Seems like it should be doable but I don't see any threads to that effect...

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I bought front & rear raised letter roundels from Jaymic. For the rear need the curved base which is NLA. I've painted my fair share of these too.

New Front Roundel.jpeg
New Rear Roundel.jpeg
Raised Letter C pillar.jpg

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
I bought front & rear raised letter roundels from Jaymic. For the rear need the curved base which is NLA. I've painted my fair share of these too.
I was just looking at my base for the rear one and it's got some pits. Hmm.
What color did you paint your curved base? I'm tempted to fill the pits and paint it body color (Chamonix), or maybe a silver with clear coat.

Honolulu

Reaction score
Better than Bondo, use that red stuff the paint guys use for small pits. CRS has struck and the correct name slips away when I try to remember, but it's more easily sandable, single part, fast curing.

Mot27cars

Site Donor
Reaction score
Better than Bondo, use that red stuff the paint guys use for small pits. CRS has struck and the correct name slips away when I try to remember, but it's more easily sandable, single part, fast curing.
Polyester glazing putty

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Does anyone know if these can be sourced? Alternatively has anyone attempted to bring back to life faded emblems. Seems like it should be doable but I don't see any threads to that effect...

meibe look beitter

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
meibe look beitter

Your links to your fine work from the past always seem to come with a healthy dose of schooling on forum use. For the record, I tried searching for your post and couldn't find it either. That was after taking a better look as you suggested. One could consider this a deficit of the forum search software, or insufficient keywords and tagging in the original thread itself. Point being, perhaps you should consider simply posting the link to your good work, and saving the commentary on technical forum usage for another day.

Honolulu

Reaction score
Auto glazing putty isn't (I don't think) polyester based, you're thinking of "Bondo" body and crack filler, which needs a catalyst.

The Bondo brand makes a glazing putty and the description on Amazon says it's single component (no catalyst), nitrocellulose-based. It's fast setting, that's for sure, and in my limited experience has a little smoother texture.

As for finding prior posts by any list member, each response should come with a required "I did search for the answer" checkbox. We'd soon weed out those who haven't done their homework. Have to admit, sometimes this would include myself, wailing all alone in the middle of the great big salty sea.