Bonhams Dec. 11 Auction in the UK: 1974 BMW 3.0/3.5 CSI COUPÉ - RHD (NMNA)

boonies

Boonies
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Description within the listing: "Presented in extensively restored condition, this BMW 3.0 CSi has been upgraded with the 3.5-litre engine and sought after 5 speed manual gearbox..."

leonine99

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Interesting as sunroof CSIs don't show up very often. One would think 'presented in extensively restored condition' would garner a little higher Vendor Score than 64/100. That's an F! Maybe it was extensively restored in the early 90's?? Also lack of rear fog light suggests Italian delivery, as that's the only destination I can think of that didn't have them, although there may be others that I'm not aware of. No money shots under the car, naturally. Seems nice enough if you can get past the wonky front bumper, but a bit of exaggeration on the condition IMO.

Michael Kaye

Site Donor
Reaction score
Interesting as sunroof CSIs don't show up very often. One would think 'presented in extensively restored condition' would garner a little higher Vendor Score than 64/100. That's an F! Maybe it was extensively restored in the early 90's?? Also lack of rear fog light suggests Italian delivery, as that's the only destination I can think of that didn't have them, although there may be others that I'm not aware of. No money shots under the car, naturally. Seems nice enough if you can get past the wonky front bumper, but a bit of exaggeration on the condition IMO.

Agree 100%. The fact they provide very little information is a red flag for me and as you say the imply the lack of money shots is another. Hopefully it will sell at a fair price and it's not just being put into auction to appeal to an unsuspecting buyer.

boonies

Boonies
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
At the start of the year I was looking at a “award winning” car out of Ohio that was being auctioned off by one of the major auction houses in Florida and they have since sold several in Europe as well. Never seen any of the detailed money shots (underneath, rockers, four corners and under dash...putting eyes on these yourself or by an unbiased party seems critical.

gkb

Site Donor
Reaction score
Interior seems very nice, but when I see an engine compartment painted all black (rattle can) I get very anxious. Will be interesting to see what it brings in UK.