Don Bower and I wearing our e9 shirts on the Florida vintage tour

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 136

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
Congratulations to all the participants!

I was able to stop by the hotel when the group was just checking in from the last leg of the tour (Key West to Miami).

Got to see some great cars and met Don and Lonny along with their beautiful wives. I couldn't imagine my wife signing up for that distance.

Dons A/C was on the fritz and he still needed to drive back home to Georgia on Sunday. I hope he made it home without any rain as the front windshield can get pretty foggy in the Florida heat if the windows aren't open.

Doug

dbower

Reaction score
home

I was so pleased to meet Doug and wished we had had more time to chat. We did arrive home late today, safe and sound. No rain til we reached the Georgia state line, and then only mist most of the way from there. The Rain-X was mostly sufficient, but fixing the A/C is job one.

Gary Beck encouraged me to join the BMW Vintage & Classic Club and I'm very pleased that we did. This tour was a highlight of my 43 years of BMW ownership. Goetz Pfafflin, the current president, welcomes membership from all us coupers. More info at www.bmwvccca.com.

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Glad you're home safe Don.

Sounds like a good time was had by all. Even without the AC.

Wish I could have gone. Possibly do the face plant in Sloppy Joe's in Key West.... :-?

Let's get together sometime soon I want to hear the details.
Gary

Bwana

Reaction score
We had a blast too, can't wait 'till next year. A long way home from Miami though.

We met up with Lance and Co. in a rest area on the Turnpike, purely by accident. He happened to be standing inside the front door when I walked in. What are the odds? :-D