93.2 KB · Views: 45

halboyles

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'll take it if you want to do 149 shipped to 66216

Roman596061

Reaction score
Hal,

Great, please email me your full address to [email protected].

I'll pack it and take it to the USPS for the actual USPS ground shipping price and advise of the total to be paid to the same email address via the "Friends & Family" option via PayPal or Zelle or Vemno.

Thanks

Richard Mackey

Roman596061

Reaction score
Hal,

My ad above stated "Will ship at actual USPS Ground cost from 33455."

The PO counter was closed, so I mailed it from the kiosk and ground shipping was not an option.

Richard

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hal,

My ad above stated "Will ship at actual USPS Ground cost from 33455."

The PO counter was closed, so I mailed it from the kiosk and ground shipping was not an option.

Richard

So you are charging him more because you don’t know how to operate the kiosk and didn’t want to return to the USPS? You should honor the original price. I have shipped ground from the kiosk eleventy-billion times.

7D037B1A-3761-4117-9462-924EFD1E52F2.jpeg

halboyles

Site Donor
Reaction score
Asking $149 or make offer
I did make an offer and you preferred to ignore it. So, I'll just ship it back to you, so you can try to negotiate with someone else. BTW, it only costs $9 to ship these motors stateside.

Thanks Markos, I agree that certainly was a rather rambling excuse to justify ignoring a valid, up front offer.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
No I wasn’t. When you didn’t confirm your address for two weeks I refunded your payment on April 20th. Then when you confirmed address I mailed it. Check your PayPal.

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
I did make an offer and you preferred to ignore it. So, I'll just ship it back to you, so you can try to negotiate with someone else. BTW, it only costs $9 to ship these motors stateside.

Thanks Markos, I agree that certainly was a rather rambling excuse to justify ignoring a valid, up front offer.
If I can offer my two cents here, I believe what we have here is a failure to communicate clearly.

The item was offered for sale at $149 plus the cost of shipping with the added possibility of taking a lower offer for the item. The listing does not imply the shipping is negotiable.

BMW e9 Wiper Motor for Sale - Tested & Working
Will ship at actual USPS Ground cost from 33455

The offer to purchase was made, as I read it, for a total price of $149 including shipping but with no punctuation to assist, that isn't the only way to read the text of the message.

It would be easy to read it as if it said: I'll take it if you want to do 149, {the posted price} shipped to 66216 {necessary info to get the cost of shipping to the buyer's destination.

If the offer to buy had been written like this: ( I'll take it if you want to do a total of $149 with shipping to 66216 included. )
there would have been much less confusion.

If this exchange had been made over the phone, it is much less likely that there would have been a misunderstanding or if there was, it would be resolved within seconds. With plain text messages, we have to be careful to add enough context so our meaning is clearly understood.

Ian

Roman596061

Reaction score

Hal,

I shipped it for the agreed price of $149 with shipping included, so I honored your offer.

Yes, USPS ground may have been $9 but the post office was closed, so I paid for the full shipping of $21.55.

Richard

Roman596061

Reaction score
If I can offer my two cents here, I believe what we have here is a failure to communicate clearly.

The item was offered for sale at $149 plus the cost of shipping with the added possibility of taking a lower offer for the item. The listing does not imply the shipping is negotiable.

BMW e9 Wiper Motor for Sale - Tested & Working
Will ship at actual USPS Ground cost from 33455

The offer to purchase was made, as I read it, for a total price of $149 including shipping but with no punctuation to assist, that isn't the only way to read the text of the message.

It would be easy to read it as if it said: I'll take it if you want to do 149, {the posted price} shipped to 66216 {necessary info to get the cost of shipping to the buyer's destination.

If the offer to buy had been written like this: ( I'll take it if you want to do a total of $149 with shipping to 66216 included. )
there would have been much less confusion.

If this exchange had been made over the phone, it is much less likely that there would have been a misunderstanding or if there was, it would be resolved within seconds. With plain text messages, we have to be careful to add enough context so our meaning is clearly understood.

Ian
Ian,

I wrote to Hal:

I shipped it for the agreed price of $149 with shipping included, so I honored your offer.

Yes, USPS ground may have been $9 but the post office was closed, so I paid for the full shipping of $21.55.

Richard