Bmw 507 on E bay, 500k +

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
the most beautiful car ever made (in my opinion)

any spare coins ? :-D

by the way, how can you own possibly one of the most beautiful cars in the world and INSTALL THAT THING AS A RADIO !!!!
icon_axe.gif

Last edited:

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
You've got to be kidding me! $500k and the reserve still has not been met. Yeah, for that kind of money, what's up with that cheap Radio Shack Optimus radio unit.

JhwShark

Reaction score
The 507 sure has nice lines! My first BMW, not, only a wish...A '72 2002 from Holland was before I bought my e9 in Aussen.

TU is from Tubingen?? A really fun and historic city.
Jon

Orangener

Reaction score
You´re in the wrong country, Jon. It is not Germany!
TU is for TULLN, a city in the near of Vienna/Austria.
And W is for WIEN, thats the german name for Vienna.

x_atlas0

Reaction score
As pretty as the 507 is (and it is very, very pretty) I think I'd rather go with the Toyota 2000 GT as the prettiest car ever.

JhwShark

Reaction score
You´re in the wrong country, Jon. It is not Germany!
TU is for TULLN, a city in the near of Vienna/Austria.
And W is for WIEN, thats the german name for Vienna.

Thanks, I can not see the plate close enough to see the country. Wein ist auch sehr schon (no umlaut on keyboard).

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
The 507 is the prettiest BMW ever.
That said, I believe the E9 to be the second prettiest BMW

That said, no 507 is worth half a mil (want a good idea of market value of one of these? find out what MT paid for the last one they bought)

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
Value of 507's

Sorry to report Dale--
The price of $500K is not out of line even with a funky radio and "bad" badges--remember there were 252-3 that were built--so rarity is entering into that equation along with a growth of demand by knowledgable collectors. I have been following the price trend on them for the past 5 years or so--not suggesting that I was in the market--but was asked by a very affluent collector at that time to locate one for him so--have been feeling the pulse for that time--he passed on a very nice one I had located for him in Germany then at $425K

In adddition--the 507 was the first BMW I ever saw--and rode in it in 1958 with a buddy who shared rides with me to Chrysler's HQ back in those days--it was his turn to drive--how did he happen to have it?--borrowed from his Brother who was part of Ford's advanced engineering group who purchased same for evaluation---I'll never forget that nice ride or the experience of luxury back then!!

BTW--the 507's fitted with the Ruge knock off wheel hub combo adds about $20K to the selling price.