Bluetooth for Stereo Blaupunkt Frankfurt

bmw2800cs

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score

Baikal Bimmer

Reaction score
Found some guys in Brea California that have a DIN Bluetooth module for the Stereo Frankfurt. There are other vendors as well but I thought I'd share. No hot lead needed, it gets it's power from the DIN. They said just plug it in and pair it:

I'll let you all know how it goes

About a month ago I purchased the unit and have recently installed it. It works well, automatically connects to my phone when I get in the car, and seems to be a good choice for Bluetooth in our coupes with period radios.
My only concern is that in between songs, one can hear the radio playing in the background, I would be interested to know if anyone else has heard of or experienced this?

bmw2800cs

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
About a month ago I purchased the unit and have recently installed it. It works well, automatically connects to my phone when I get in the car, and seems to be a good choice for Bluetooth in our coupes with period radios.
My only concern is that in between songs, one can hear the radio playing in the background, I would be interested to know if anyone else has heard of or experienced this?
How loud is the radio in the background?

Wobdog

a.k.a Mike
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If you have a cassette deck, like I do, here is a option that works great. Sound is not top notch but it is cool being able to use ipod in a 50 year old car

Attachments

• IMG_4279.jpg
    IMG_4279.jpg
    381.7 KB · Views: 59

milwaukeesk

Member.
Site Donor
Reaction score
For whatever it's worth, I love the look of my Frankfurt but the sound on mine was poor, needs the antenna to be all the way to get a good signal and even then sort of mediocre. I'm sure if I had it rebuilt it would improve it.

I recently installed this bluetooth amp and now essentially bypassing the Frankfurt all together. It allows me to keep the pretty looking Frabkfurt in the dash but I run everything directly through the amp. The bluetooth connects almost instantly and the sound is fantastic. Super simple install as I put in underneath the back seat with close proximity to the rear speaker wires. it also helped a bunch to put an upgraded 4x6 in the front and wire that in also to prevent the need to crank it up. The setup won't win any sound audio competitions but lightyears better than what I was dealing with prior.

Also allows you to use the speakerphone and mic on your phone seamlessly as well.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Try tuning to where there is no strong station before switching to BT. Try AM and FM to see if it helps.