Blue leather color code ... anyone know it?

hans3

Site Donor
Reaction score
Anyone know the OEM color code for the blue leather in our cars (or at least the 2800s)? I'm having a terrible time finding a dye that matches. There are vendors that sell BMW-spec dye, but I need to choose from a palatte of blues they offer. So far my guesses have been wrong. Sending a leather sample to match didn't work either.

Thanks, -H

61porsche

Reaction score
Leather Dyes

Hans3,

Try "Leatherique". No afilliation, but will be doing so as well shortly after having done my own research. I have a non standard E9 grey/ silver with dark blue piping on the seat bottoms. There was an earlier post on them.

Did you get the carbs sorted? I just finished mine and was able to increase/ balance the vacumn as well.

Best regards,

61Porsche
72 CS

bmw art car

Reaction score
Anyone know the OEM color code for the blue leather in our cars (or at least the 2800s)? I'm having a terrible time finding a dye that matches. There are vendors that sell BMW-spec dye, but I need to choose from a palatte of blues they offer. So far my guesses have been wrong. Sending a leather sample to match didn't work either.

Thanks, -H
so i take it you tried leatherique already?

hans3

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes, the failed match sample was through them. But I now see that they're offering other OEM BMW colors, hence my posting.

Carbs are still out-of-synch at idle, but balance nicely at upper rpms.

Bill Riblett

(deceased)
Reaction score

Thanks, -H
The name of the color is marineblau and I think the color code is 41/41. I can't get at my paint & color brochures to verify that for now.

Have you contacted Leatherique about your failed color match? I have a friend who has had good luck with them matching at least 3 different BMW colors.

abe3.0CSi

Reaction score
Contact worlduph (world upholstery) out of santa paula california. My can says 3197 (5200) "Navy" bmw. They will send you samples...in fact they encourage that so that they get it right the first time. Call them..they were very friendly when I visited them.
abe