Big News for 2013

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
According to well placed sources, BMWNA has placed a deposit with Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca to be the featured marque at the Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion in August 2013. We have been waiting and hoping for several years that this would happen. The last time was back in 1996 when over 100 coupes took to the track for a parade lap. Better start getting those coupes in shape for this event, you have a seventeen month head start so no excuses! It is truly a superb event that can be enjoyed by the spouse and kids as well.

Also, apparently BMW's Oktoberfest will be in California in 2013, making this a veritable double header of events. Stay tuned!

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
According to well placed sources, BMWNA has placed a deposit with Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca to be the featured marque at the Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion in August 2013. We have been waiting and hoping for several years that this would happen. The last time was back in 1996 when over 100 coupes took to the track for a parade lap. Better start getting those coupes in shape for this event, you have a seventeen month head start so no excuses! It is truly a superb event that can be enjoyed by the spouse and kids as well. Also, apparently BMW's Oktoberfest will be in California in 2013, making this a veritable double header of events. Stay tuned!

'96 was so damned much fun, was out there in 2270011 and on the parade lap I had a Golden Gate Chapter member riding with me (with his head sticking out the sunroof?!?) we were in back of the parade behind a bunch of E23's and such, next to some crazy man in a black iX that looked like a pro rally car, we let the parade get WAAAY ahead and then floored it, side by side sideways through the last three turns...and got a black flag waved at us as we hit the front straight!

Later, saw three of the real deal CSLs go through turn 2 side by side, glorious sound...I had a wet spot in my jeans the rest of the day