Belt trim

kasbatts

Site Donor
Reaction score
Am currently having the Anodizing stripped from all the Aluminium parts, will then no doubt
spend hours polishing before I get it re Anodized, anyone got any tips here??

Steve

Laldog

Site Donor
Reaction score
polishing kit

Hi Steve,

As low-tech as it would seem, I had good success using this polishing kit with an electric drill.

http://www.ryobitools.com/catalog/accessories/routing_accessories/A01AG08

The small size and lack of strength of the trim made polishing with a full-sized buffer a dangerous proposition, so I picked this up at a local building supply center.

Instead of the supplied rouge, I used some metal polishing compound.

I also left the mounting clips in the moulding to give me something to hold and clamp in the vice when I felt the need.

Hope this helps.

BonitaCS

Reaction score
I paid to have mine ploished at $1.00 (US)/Foot, exact bill was around $100.00. They had a mirror like finish after the polishing but the re-anodize destroyed that beautiful finish and now, while they still look clean, they are kind of dull. Talk to the anodize house before hand and make sure they will not dull the finish before hand. Lesson learned...

mikes

Reaction score
Clear powdercoat?

The belt line trim on my car was badly scratched by a ham-handed, long ago painter. I am currently removing those scratches by sanding with progressively finer paper. Eventually I will get to 2000 grit. Once the trim is restored to the proper luster I can have it anodized or have clear powdercoat applied. Does anyone have experience with the powdercoat approach?

Thanks

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Speedway in Santa Ana will polish and clear ceramic coat any alu trim pieces even windshield trim. Looks very good, Dan did my coupe 5 years ago.

Chris

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I used the same guy as Chris about 2 months ago. Shipped everything UPS and he sent them back looking beautiful. Very reasonable price too!