BBS style 5 wheel set--freshly refurbished

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Those require a spacer an longer studs in front to work if they are RC090s. 16's are the largest wheel that looks good on unmodified coupes in my opinion.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sorry OP if these are yours - piling onto the opinions. If these are yours - your price is fair for anyone who wants a quality set of wheels without any effort. I think that RC090's look great on coupes and there are a number of folks with beautiful car on here that sport them without issue.

I personally wouldn't pay more than $600 (edit: $650 ;))for a set of these wheels unfinished or $1,000 polished, given that polishing is around $100 - $150 per wheel. This is a high-production factory wheel and there are literally thousands of sets floating around on E39's that are long in the tooth. E39's have no real salvage value (I've verified), and you can pick up an entire running car with style 5's for around $1,500 if you negotiate. I know there are a lot of BMW enthusiasts with E39's and I think the cars are great. However, multiply that enthusiast number by 10, and that is the amount of people that wanted a BMW but can no longer afford the maintenance on their $3,000 sedan.

Case in point - same vicinity as ad above:

E39 Asking Price $1,900
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/5135522030.html
00g0g_72Z1AA0ztuO_600x450.jpg

E39 Asking Price: $1,900
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/5201439951.html
00w0w_fCcgWfInJay_600x450.jpg

Last edited:

Aussiecsi

Reaction score
I agree Markos...totally smitten with them after trying on my car before buying . No clearance issues but will also roll rear guards as a precaution before paint . They're very hard to find in this part of the world . Currently refurbishing them although they are largely unmarked .Cheers, Simon

riverflyer

Reaction score
In general reply. I am not an expert but have seen a few coupes with these wheels and they look great...again thats just my opinion.
In regards to the e9 comment, not everyone here has only a coupe and seems like many are multiple bmw owners, hence the ad on this forum.
Use them on what you want if they do, or can be made to fit.

charofire

Reaction score
I enjoyed a ride as passenger in a coupe about 3 months ago with 17" R090's and the coupe felt great! I also heard that they were too much for the coupe. I have to disagree. Perhaps people do not like the aesthetic, which would be hard to believe, but they felt totally fine. To each their own I guess.

These are very nice; but not for an E9 IMO.