BBS 16x8 wheels

autowerks

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi folks, just picked up a set of BBS 16x8 wheels, they are in very good shape but painted dark green.
Does any body has 16x7s of the same wheel or knows a place I can resize these to fit my E9s front end or issues if any?
Thank you in advance Joe

Attachments

• bbs 16x8.jpg
    bbs 16x8.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 400

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi folks, just picked up a set of BBS 16x8 wheels, they are in very good shape but painted dark green.
Does any body has 16x7s of the same wheel or knows a place I can resize these to fit my E9s front end or issues if any?
Thank you in advance Joe

Hi Joe,

7" style 5's are a dime a dozen, and the price reflects that. I wouldn't waste your time and money resizing a set of $300 wheels. You may be able to get those to fit with a 6-10mm spacer, but you might need to roll the front fenders. The issue with 16x8's with an offset of ET23 is the strut clearance. They will rub the front struts. You can use some washers to see how much spacing you need before the inner lip avoids the strut. Then cycle the suspension to see if the whee clears the lip. The rears will fit just fine.

autowerks

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks Morkos, you are the E9 parts master, I have not been able to find any 16x7s the same style as mine. I wonder if anyone would be interested in the two 16x8s I have?

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks Morkos, you are the E9 parts master, I have not been able to find any 16x7s the same style as mine. I wonder if anyone would be interested in the two 16x8s I have?

Ha! I don't know if I would go that far. I do know that the center cap on your wheels was only available on the wheels that you have listed. You can find 15" style 5's though. Here is a pic of one below. The trick will be to see if the center cap matches.

15x7 ET20 - These would rub the strut also but you would have no issues with a spacer.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Ha! I don't know if I would go that far. I do know that the center cap on your wheels was only available on the wheels that you have listed. You can find 15" style 5's though. Here is a pic of one below. The trick will be to see if the center cap matches.

15x7 ET20 - These would rub the strut also but you would have no issues with a spacer.
i would love to know if these wheels with a 205 / 60 - 15 fit in out spare tire well. when i go to bbs-rs 16" wheels, i would like to use one of these as a spare.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have that same size tire but on a 7" steel rim which fits the spare well easily. If that helps.....

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
great to know Keshav ... thanks this wheel at least looks more similar to a RS wheel than either of the standard 14" wheels ... and it has the benefit of being inexpensive and plentiful

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Absolutely right Scott. Based on the similarity to the RS, way nicer to have a BBS Alu rim rather than a steel one!

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i know ... but finding a tire is the key. i guess you could use a 195/60 - 16 ... its 25.2" in diameter (.3" bigger than stock)