Bavaria f/s in San Jose

FrankieD

Reaction score
Just deleted by the author. I had just emailed him to ask what his price was and his reply was "prolly $15k".... Strange that he removed it while I was emailing him,

johnl

Reaction score
Just deleted by the author. I had just emailed him to ask what his price was and his reply was "prolly $15k".... Strange that he removed it while I was emailing him,

I also had sent a query regarding this car and asked if he could provide documentation to support the mileage claim, he said yes. He asked me what I was willing to pay and my reply was can't answer that until I see more photos and documentation. Also asked for the VIN and where the car was delivered and had lived it's life.

No answer came back but I did go through the photos posted and I'd ask why at 6K it was repainted and the jambs were not. Look at the photos and you will see this very clearly. The headliner seemed to have stains possibly from moisture getting into the car.

Did anyone notice the '72 type bumpers closer to the body than '73? Great color and a 4 speed but in my mind there are questions....

CadillacGreen

Reaction score
Yeah,

I emailed the seller too and he would not answer all my questions or arrange an appointment to see it. It was more of the "What would you be willing to pay?" replies, which turned me off. Also, there is a lot of damage to the passenger rear seat headrest for a garage kept car.

The car is/was listed as being in Los Angeles and San Diego.

Gernstetter

Reaction score
Yeah,

I emailed the seller too and he would not answer all my questions or arrange an appointment to see it. It was more of the "What would you be willing to pay?" replies, which turned me off. Also, there is a lot of damage to the passenger rear seat headrest for a garage kept car.

There is no way in Hell that a 6k car needs a repaint....a 10k e3 sold here last month for 25 thousand Euros, car was flawless.....bought by an exec at BMW

johnl

Reaction score
Yeah,

To my way of thinking it is so simple to be honest about what you are trying to sell and get it moved. I guess some folks just get turned on by playing games.

Wonder if the car will surface again and I'm curious as to your comment about being in LA and SD. Is there some link you can provide??

FrankieD

Reaction score
Here is our "conversation" starting with my initial request as to what he was asking...

CL: "sorting out the price prolly close to 15 k"

ME: Wow. A bit on the high side but good luck!

CL: "What do you think a perfect Bavaria is worth. ???"

ME: The market, I suppose, will determine that, and given the market for the 2002's and E9's, you may even be on the low side......

CL: No response and post on CL immediately removed.

johnl

Reaction score
I've compared the photo of the tool kit in this car against ours. Is the one in the Flicker missing part of it, the upper section? Also ours has a point at the open end toward the rear of the car. The one in the photo is different. Will someone please educate me??

CadillacGreen

Reaction score
I saw it on both the LA and San Diego Craigslist, with map locations in both San Diego and Los Angeles so it wasn't a "nearby areas" result.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I've compared the photo of the tool kit in this car against ours. Is the one in the Flicker missing part of it, the upper section? Also ours has a point at the open end toward the rear of the car. The one in the photo is different. Will someone please educate me??

John,

It's an e24 toolkit.

Chris

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Stan- sell me the Sonata I want to go back to the future...

AbnMike

Reaction score
I'd be hard pressed to pay $15K for that. Mine's not even a $15K car but it's close given how original it is and it's a European model - earliest Euro model in the US according to the senior six guys.

Yeah my heater doesn't work and the engine is over 140Kms, but it also has never been apart.

Guess I shouldn't refer to it as mine anymore since the money arrived in the bank and it's headed to a new owner in GA this weekend.

Still...not a 15K car that I can see.