Bat series II for sale in Germany (220k euro)

Nick Daffern

Reaction score
The Canepa car looks nice but what's with the rear wheel arches and the weird instrument cluster?

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
CSL Bat

The Chamonix CSL is the one from Werner Hand.

kasbatts

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So 400k for the Canepa car, man thats up there!

But what's up with the gearbox and gearbox crossmember on that car? Why is the crossmember not mounted to the normal mounts? Is the gearbox on this car not standard or something?

Nash

Reaction score
I understood it to have been nearer $250k a month or so ago. Of course anybody has the right to ask whatever price they wish, although $400k does seem a little athletic today.......tomorrow who knows.

The car looks very, very nice and if you look in the engine bay, you can see the seams are beautiful and as they should be, without all sealer everywhere. Yes, I am guessing the gearbox is a 5 speed, a good upgrade. I also understood it had had an engine change (to a 3.5) at one stage the original engine was with it, but I don't know if thats still the case.

The days of $100k Batmobiles are long gone guys and I dont know what you would get for $150k today, probably a restoration project. It seems any good batmobile now starts with a 2.

kasbatts

Site Donor
Reaction score
5 speed upgrade or not, I still don't get that gearbox crossmember mount, don't all of the 5 speeds mount up to the normal slotted crossmember mounts on the floor?

bdigel

Reaction score
Doesn't look like a Getrag trans 4 or 5 speed, Been years but I think it looks like a ZF trans .which I think were 4 speeds.

kasbatts

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yea, I also thought it didn't look like one of the normal gearboxes that we would normally expect to see in a coupe, come on guys, mystery to solve here

Last edited:

2275xxx

Reaction score
It is a ZF 5 speed.

Here, an ad in Mobile.de (May 2012) :

Attachments

• Capture000.JPG
    Capture000.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 136

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
ZF also made 5spds for E9's back in the day.

And they would be more correct for a 1973 CSL/e9 than a getrag.

Gerrit

Reaction score
CSLs

Those must be 4355011 and 4355028, both are or were in Werner´s Hand...sorry could not resist :)