ASA vs. Glas 1600gt

m73

Reaction score
Our coupes are one of the best designs BMW ever made. So I ask you does the BMW 1600 look almost identical the the ASA 1000?

As the British would say the ASA for me 'is the business' !

Not so keen on the 1600, others opinions?

MF

Attachments

• 1965 ASA 1000 GT_02.jpg
    1965 ASA 1000 GT_02.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 266
  • bmwg1600cpe2.jpg
    bmwg1600cpe2.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 299
  • 1967-68 BMW Glas 1600GT.jpg
    1967-68 BMW Glas 1600GT.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 248
  • 1965_ASA_1000_GT.jpg
    1965_ASA_1000_GT.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 254

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Neat cars but compare them to a step nose Alfa GT from 1965.

Agree the ASA is the best of the lot and that the black 1600 is much prettier than the silver.

m73

Reaction score
Neat cars but compare them to a step nose Alfa GT from 1965.

Agree the ASA is the best of the lot and that the black 1600 is much prettier than the silver.

My first car was an Alfa....don't get me started on Alfa's, its an emotional subject (seriously) but with a happy ending.

To me Alfa's have this smell of automotive sweat that is priceless along with the smallest details in sight which makes you wonder how can a car be assembled in such a way? Of course there are those that say Alfa 'this' and Alfa 'that', but for my money THEY are truly 'the business.'

Without Alfa, there probably would be no Ferrari....I digress....

Cheers,

MF

Last edited:

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
MF, I am going to take a closer look at Alfas. I don't have the cash to even dream about a second collector car, but you have aroused my curiousity(sp).

m73

Reaction score
MF, I am going to take a closer look at Alfas. I don't have the cash to even dream about a second collector car, but you have aroused my curiousity(sp).

I appreciate your comments. An Alfa might be like a woman who can push all your buttons, but you have to be careful of her too.... I always keep my eye on them and hope to return as an owner one day.

Cheers,

MF

Stefan

Reaction score
i am in love with the impossible 1600Gt since i saw it in the old bmw classic museum

lovely car the brit too !

but if it ever happens book a 1600 GT for me, pelase ;-)

Here's your chance dQ! :)
Found this for sale ad today at a Swedish BMW Forum.

"BMW 1600 GT, VIN W001472. Excellent condition, runs and drives perfectly 1255 manufactured + 2 Cabrios This car has only 7 owners since new. Road book from 1978 till 1985 when the car was taken off the street for restoration. Followed consequently when taken into use again 2006. No road book from 2006-08 but 3 kgs of documentation follows the car including several prices as Best in Show, Best Clasic, Best restoration etc. Body was restored and painted 1988 1991 and was left till 2005 after a professional panting. Restoration followed in 2005 - 2006 when everything was restored or replaced by new parts. Engine blue-printed, cylinder head renovated with new parts, converted to lead-free, balanced to zero gcm, Exhaust new,.pistons and rods weighed to zero, carburettor restored by Küppers in Germany. Complete new electrical cable harness from F:a Wochesländer New radiator Rust proofed LOKARI in front. Interior restored professionally,incl. floor mats, seats and interior. Chassis restored, new brakes , Spax adjustable shock absorbers in front, Bilstein Sports in rear. Becker GranTurismo Radio, electric antenna inside. All chrome details and emblems are new. New front window with green tint Tüv new. All in all, this is a magnificent driver without any faults and problems. Excellent rally car. Very reliable by all means. No money saved or spared during restoration . Pictures from the restoration can be found on www.bgj.se where also the donator is shown. More photos available upon request. Car stands in Malmoe, Sweden."

Last edited:

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Here's your chance dQ! :)
Found this for sale ad today at a Swedish BMW Forum.

"BMW 1600 GT, VIN W001472. Excellent condition, runs and drives perfectly 1255 manufactured + 2 Cabrios This car has only 7 owners since new. Road book from 1978 till 1985 when the car was taken off the street for restoration. Followed consequently when taken into use again 2006. No road book from 2006-08 but 3 kgs of documentation follows the car including several prices as Best in Show, Best Clasic, Best restoration etc. Body was restored and painted 1988 1991 and was left till 2005 after a professional panting. Restoration followed in 2005 - 2006 when everything was restored or replaced by new parts. Engine blue-printed, cylinder head renovated with new parts, converted to lead-free, balanced to zero gcm, Exhaust new,.pistons and rods weighed to zero, carburettor restored by Küppers in Germany. Complete new electrical cable harness from F:a Wochesländer New radiator Rust proofed LOKARI in front. Interior restored professionally,incl. floor mats, seats and interior. Chassis restored, new brakes , Spax adjustable shock absorbers in front, Bilstein Sports in rear. Becker GranTurismo Radio, electric antenna inside. All chrome details and emblems are new. New front window with green tint Tüv new. All in all, this is a magnificent driver without any faults and problems. Excellent rally car. Very reliable by all means. No money saved or spared during restoration . Pictures from the restoration can be found on www.bgj.se where also the donator is shown. More photos available upon request. Car stands in Malmoe, Sweden."

thank you stefan
why am I unable to see the price ?
regards

m73

Reaction score
That is a clean 1600gt! Red has to be one of the best colors on this car...

Cheers,

MF