Anyone ever visit Larry Wilson’s colllection (Jupiter FL)

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
I was browsing BAT and noticed a Bobsey FS. This one was unusual in that it has a BDG (2 liter, 300HP, 10500 redline). The auction mentionednit was from Wilson’s collection of about 130 cars.

I’m always up for a trip to see interesting collections of old race cars.

Anyone been there before? CraterF?

John

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
John,

If you haven't been there, the Simeone Museum in Philly (about 3-4 miles from the airport) is great, and has been selected as the best race car museum in the US. The owner is a retired neurosurgeon who started restoring cars and collecting interesting race cars when he was a college student.

Currently there is a display of the actual race cars involved in the LeMans competition between Henry Ford and Enzo Ferrari that is the focus of the Ford vs Ferrari movie. One Saturday a month, they take out 2-4 of the cars and do some exercising in the large parking lot behind the museum. Lovely sounds on those days!

Web site: https://www.simeonemuseum.org/

Gary

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
I’ve been to Simeone multiple times. Great place. The last time I even left my mark (a green puddle from a failing water pump seal).

I’m interested in the Wilson collection because they are selling off some interesting vintage race cars. Ex: a Bobsy SR6 with a 300 HP BDG. I’d be a player on it were it not for the $30k engine rebuild costs... required only every 10-12 hours of racing. That level of running costs is for brain surgeons and financial sector people, Had it a twin cam or Kent, this would be a fabulous and inexpensive to run sports racer.