Another Lost & Found (sort of)

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The new owner of my former Manila 69 2002 contacted me this morning and sent this pic. I think I sold it in 2013 and since then it has had at least five owners. Someone added a five speed which is not easy with the original six bolt crank/flywheel as the PP and T/O bearing are not compatible with the later eight bolt flywheel needed for the five speed. And someone put in an aluminum radiator on a bone stock otherwise survivor. Glad it is in good hands though in Florida.
A0A84B87-A15E-46B3-B70C-2D9951B1B8D1.jpeg

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
The present owners need to join the BMW CCCA. We just did a tour of hills and many twisties through central Florida with 17 classic BMW's.

Attachments

• IMG_0374.jpg
    IMG_0374.jpg
    728.2 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0384.jpg
    IMG_0384.jpg
    636.4 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0408.jpg
    IMG_0408.jpg
    507.6 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0416.jpg
    IMG_0416.jpg
    596.7 KB · Views: 71

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
For me, its like seeing a pinup of a favorite from high school years...my first car ever, c.1972, was a 69 Manila 02...not quite this nice, however...loved that car, love that color. Mine had butt-scorching black vinyl, however...

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Drew, could we have some photos of those so called "hills" you mention? All I remember in Florida is gentle slopes. Please correct me. I am one of those people who is constantly shocked to see photos of Texas that are not all desert and cactus. I have heard of the "Texas hill country." Are they real hills like we have here in SE Pennsylvania?

Some rare and beautiful colors on those cars in the drive.

Steve

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Howey-in-the-Hills highest point is 60 feet as I recall.

My home in Maine is 60 feet above sea level as well.

Texas is pretty nice around Austin to in & around Fredericksburg.

Eastern PA is pretty good near you, Steve with the Poconos.

Western PA in & around Pittsburgh is where I learned to drive on back roads.

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Drew, could we have some photos of those so called "hills" you mention? All I remember in Florida is gentle slopes. Please correct me. I am one of those people who is constantly shocked to see photos of Texas that are not all desert and cactus. I have heard of the "Texas hill country." Are they real hills like we have here in SE Pennsylvania?

Some rare and beautiful colors on those cars in the drive.

Steve
Steve,
I grew up in Delaware county and drove my '64 Spitfire through all of the roads in Chester county. I did not attempt to take a video of some of the hills , but one of them had a truck warning of a 35 degree grade. When you're driving 25-60 MPH on a 2 lane rough road going over any hill or a 90-degree blind turn when a dually F250 pulling a horse trailer meets you,that is like a SE Pa. hill. These backcountry roads didn't have white lines painted on the edges. No apex could be drawn due to oncoming traffic and blind turns.
Living down in South Flat Florida, I have an access road with several 90 degree turns that are not blind to oncoming traffic. I hope to make a video of at least that to show we have some turns that aren't just exit ramps to the expressways.
Our drive was over 400 miles mapped out on Google Earth in 2 days.

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
They were there and joined a year ago. TO bearing was making noise so it didn’t make it.
Chris, Carl Brooks is the owner. He rode with Keith Ennis who put the event together. Keith sold the car to Carl. I didn't recognize the fog lamps.

Dohn

Reaction score
Drew,
Highway overpasses DO NOT count as hills. Neither do alligators sleeping on the road...

But I will admit to envying having weather good enough for a cruise. We're sunny and 50 today, with 28 and two inches of snow due tomorrow...