Alu panel in B-post

pmansson

Reaction score
The rubber seal next to it needs replacing.
It will be much easier if the alu panel comes off, but there is a small threshold bit at the bottom which is tucked in under the black, outer rocker panel. I have a new one which I might install, haven´t decided yet.

So I assume that the latter needs to come off, which is a bummer as the wheels need to come off in order to work a proper screwdriver into the wheelhouses where the panel is secured. (it is also secured with white plastic pins that push into the holes, like the fasteners of the door trim panels, right?).

Any shortcuts here?

steve in reno

Reaction score
Peder
I assume that you are asking about the vertical b-pillar polished trim piece.
On mine, I believe that, only the threshold polished piece needs to be removed. Not the ornamental exterior sill.

I have never removed the b trim piece, but after just looking it may be a pain to weave into the main door seal. Pay attention on disassembly as it may lip into a detail in the seal that you will want to know for reassembly There is also a rubber seal that goes on the outside rim of the b pillar piece that is recessed into the body cavity.

You always have such interesting questions!!!
reno

pmansson

Reaction score
Thanks Steve,
yes that is the part I referred to. I forgot to mention that the lower door seal is out as it needed replacement to meet my standards. The inner and outer thresholds are also out of the way.
It is the rubber seal between the polished alu B-pillar trim and the body side panel that needed replacement in the first place.
I have all the parts, but would prefer not to take the outer black rocker panels off......

pmansson

Reaction score
"never give up".
I got the alu panel out, with rocker panels in place, by folding it forwards until it was almost flat forward. Then the little awkwark part at the bottom came out and off.