Air filter for triple webers

84E24

Reaction score
Does anyone know what air filter is used in this set-up?

Thanks,

Attachments

• Trip weber air filter.jpg
    Trip weber air filter.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 362

84E24

Reaction score
Larger pice of air filter

Here is the other side

Attachments

• Trip weber air filter left.jpg
    Trip weber air filter left.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 686

OZCSi

Reaction score
Maserati sebrings seemed to get some great triple weber air cleaner boxes. The 3500gt model notably. I have got K and N filters on a triple set up on mine and often look at a trick air box. Have a look at Maserati suppliers maybe???

OZCSi

Reaction score
Nice work !!!

Now I am going to get serious about mine as well!!

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
Purolator...one (from an Alpina b2) sold on ebay recently for more than the cost of a bucket of Hayco Red screwdrivers~!

images

Now there's something worth pursuing...

Ran

PS. Use the Hayco red drivers in your garden with glee and a sense of abandon~!

shanon

Reaction score
...was wondering about the booster/brake set-up too. Is this your car 84E24?
If so, what did you use, a Tilton/Wilton set-up or?

I wonder how that air filter 'flows' compared to the new trumpet screens from Peirce Manifolds.

http://www.piercemanifolds.com/newproducts.htm

Those trumpets look b*tchen!

84E24

Reaction score
Air filters

This not my car. I pulled the pic's from the Photo Gallery, 3.0cs, page 3. I belongs to daicos 35's cs. I emailed him but no response.

Mine will have the stock booster. Just gathering info and parts.

I liked the air filter and was trying to find out more info about it.

Steve

Reaction score
...was wondering about the booster/brake set-up too. Is this your car 84E24?
If so, what did you use, a Tilton/Wilton set-up or?

I wonder how that air filter 'flows' compared to the new trumpet screens from Peirce Manifolds.

http://www.piercemanifolds.com/newproducts.htm

Those trumpets look b*tchen!

Those pierce trumpet screens (and other meshes used directly in front of the trumpets) have such a small surface are that in terms of air flow efficiency they are disastrous.

CookeD

Reaction score
Those pierce trumpet screens (and other meshes used directly in front of the trumpets) have such a small surface are that in terms of air flow efficiency they are disastrous.

Was thinking about these filters for another project, and the Pierce site that there is virtually no restriction with the new mesh trumpet filters...

Why do you say disastrous? Do you mean they create turbulence?

shanon

Reaction score
My brother runs the Pierce screens on his racer, they work great. He tried the 'socks' for a spell, they zapped a very noticeable amount of power. They weren't on for long.

Just curious if the ITG foam/unit 'flows' better than the others. The screens sure help with the potential clearance issues.

Reaction score
Was thinking about these filters for another project, and the Pierce site that there is virtually no restriction with the new mesh trumpet filters...

Why do you say disastrous? Do you mean they create turbulence?

Total airflow capacity of any filtering material is proportional to its surface area.

When the filter is situated directly in front of the velocity stack this area is naturally very limited compared to a proper filtering unit such as one shown here, (estimated 1500 square-cm on ITG vs. 150square-cm on stack screens) In effect, these screens should have filtering material that allows air to flow through the filter ten times more efficiently with same filtering capacity, which they do not have unfortunately. Furthermore, a screen directly in front of the trumpet harms airflow inside the velocity stack.

The difference in airflow is so high that going from these screens or meshes to a proper filter often requires re-jetting the carbs in case of weber, Solex addhe, Dellorto, or similar to get the engine run properly and reach its full power.

Cheers Andy