Adam Carolla's CSL for sale

shanon

Reaction score
Neat car.
My brother enjoyed racing against Mr. Crabbe, great guy and good times.

Buy and ring it out like Cuffy did.

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
starting with a CS ( ok, not a CSL ) one can built a copy for ? i think 100K , doing the work yourself.
I'm i wrong ?

bdigel

Reaction score
I actually use to work on this car . It was owned and raced by a lawyer in Atlanta for many years . I don't know the history pre his ownership. But he had the car serviced at the shop I worked at for years. He raced it in BMW club races and mostly HSR events up and down the east coast , in the early 2000's . The Engine was built by Henry Larwence at the Power plant . IF my memory is correct the engine it replaced was a 4 liter from Korman , that broke the crank . A few things have changed since it was here in ATL , most prominent is the different style front spoiler .
09-15-2003 08;41;26PM.JPG

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i do remember it racing at the Mitty a few times ... but its been a decade or so. thanks for clearing that up as i was wondering if it was the same car.

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
So this is NOT the ex-Bill Kemper "Rogue"?

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
History on this one is a bit sketchy. Be very careful!
Anyone know the VIN? Is the car we see today the same chassis that was raced in period or is it a latter-day copy? Whatever it is, looks to have a nice sturdy cage and must go like a scalded cat with that motor!

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
sturdy cage indeed with the extra door tubes ! but finally that is not a huge cost.... mine is from custom cages UK , not expensive at all , ofcourse a day welding , 2 persons job. All is preformed and with pre cut weld ends , fits perfect. Almost no grinding needed. If you send a weld test you can get a certificate , even the test tubes are included.

https://www.customcages.co.uk/roll-cages/bmw-csl

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
So this is NOT the ex-Bill Kemper "Rogue"?
So this IS the ex-Bill Kemper "Rogue" !

starting with a CS ( ok, not a CSL ) one can built a copy for ? i think 100K , doing the work yourself. I'm i wrong ?

-shrug- started as a genuine, in-period, early 70's with wagenpass racer.
The past 20 years its been changed, a lot. At least its been driven a lot!

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
Yes dp.... i was just looking at the car , not extra value due history racing ofcourse , which is personal and will always vary according the case/buyer .... but isn't a true value seen at the car.

I think the most expensive piece would be the Kugelfisher injection... which this car doesn't even have !

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes dp.... i was just looking at the car , not extra value due history racing ofcourse , which is personal and will always vary according the case/buyer .... but isn't a true value seen at the car. I think the most expensive piece would be the Kugelfisher injection... which this car doesn't even have !
This car never had injection, when it was raced in Europe on the early 70's the Austrian Wagenpass shows it is a single-cam carbed privateer car. 3/4 of the in-period racers in the early, pre-factory-sponsorship times were single-cam cars driven by privateers who could not afford the developed FI goodies which in many cases were not even being offered for sale yet when the cars were raced in period. .....It seemed in this thread it was very important for you to repeatedly question this car, and now you are even discrediting the value of a period race car's history because it doesn't have mechanical FI - why is that?

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
sorry dp... i was just stating my opinion , if it's not with real history value ? , cars like that are not worth a "fortune" .... which is mostly the perception among those.... i was just comparing it what it should cost to build a copy .

sorry if i offended someone, was not intended that way.