Accepting Offers: My 40 year owned 74 3.0CSA

kys911t

Site Donor
Reaction score
Does that mean you are not moving back to Japan?
Still relocating as it will be my primary residence. I will be going back and forth to the states, so it will still get used, but now not as much. Just thought someone else might have wanted to enjoy it more.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Sorry it didn’t sell, as you know I did a PPI for a prospective buyer. The market has changed and I think it got to a fair price, a year ago it would have done better.

kys911t

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sorry it didn’t sell, as you know I did a PPI for a prospective buyer. The market has changed and I think it got to a fair price, a year ago it would have done better.
Thanks Chris, I as well appreciate your taking the time to take a look at my car. Indeed the market has changed as it will always. I guess this just pushed me to take the time and enjoy mine for a bit longer. These are wonderful cars we all admire.

kys911t

Site Donor
Reaction score
As I relocate to Japan I would like to find a new home for my 3.0CS. It was previously offered on Bring A Trailer the beginning of September, bid to $64,500 ($67,725 with BAT commission) but did not meet my reserve of $85,000. Understand the market is very soft right now. I can hang onto it as I have already found a garage to store it in but I really believe it should be driven and someone should enjoy it. It has been a wonderful car for me and drives and looks great, I just don't see it with me in Japan. I will be at the So Ca Vintage BMW meet this Saturday if anyone would like view it in person. I will be seriously consider reasonable offers before I head back to Japan next month. DM for additional information if you interested.

1974_BMW_3.0CS_20230720-4 copy.jpeg1974_BMW_3.0CS_20230720-2.JPG

kys911t

Site Donor
Reaction score
we wish you well with finding a new caretaker for your lovely coupe. more importantly, enjoy your new life in Japan !!!
Thank you very much. I'm looking forward to this new chapter, one that has been on hold for a long time now so very excited. Wish I could take this one with me too but my other car is the one that will be with me forever exploring.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Beautiful car.

$85k is a lot of money in this day and age when people are borrowing money w/high interest rates.

It's also a lot of money that won't be used for down payment on a house, kitchen remodel, etc that the wife would probably rather have.

GOod luck! Not sure why a month or so ago, we had cars like your's sell for north of $100k.

Maybe Automatic hurt it, the unrestored engine compartment, etc.

Presentation means a lot. I think any car that's asking north of $75k, would benefit getting the whole underside vapor blasted (or dry ice) and tons of pictures on a lift and driving/walkaround videos.

kys911t

Site Donor
Reaction score
Beautiful car.

$85k is a lot of money in this day and age when people are borrowing money w/high interest rates.

It's also a lot of money that won't be used for down payment on a house, kitchen remodel, etc that the wife would probably rather have.

GOod luck! Not sure why a month or so ago, we had cars like your's sell for north of $100k.

Maybe Automatic hurt it, the unrestored engine compartment, etc.

Presentation means a lot. I think any car that's asking north of $75k, would benefit getting the whole underside vapor blasted (or dry ice) and tons of pictures on a lift and driving/walkaround videos.
Thank you!