AC console restoration

m73

Reaction score
Just wanted to share with you a picture an owner sent me after restoring his center console. The decals he used come in kits I sell in both US and German versions -- his is German and the results look very good IMHO.

I will also be posting an ad for AC decals soon and any owner can contact me to buy a set.

-Mo

Klima-1.jpg
Klima-2.jpg
2019-11-06.png

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Just wanted to share with you a picture an owner sent me after restoring his center console. The decals he used come in kits I sell in both US and German versions -- his is German and the results look very good IMHO.

I will also be posting an ad for AC decals soon and any owner can contact me to buy a set.

-Mo

Klima-1.jpg
Klima-2.jpg
2019-11-06.png

i strongly recomend Mo’s products as decals and stencils
he is a perfect kind seller a pleasure to deal with

m73

Reaction score

Thanks DeQ -- I feel the same when trading information with you. Feeling a bit distant from the cars & members lately but hopefully I can contribute more soon.

I have been seeing some interesting posts and projects lately so great to see things are still interesting :cool:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Looks great! I love the finish on the console. If you can, find out what the owner used @m73.

Reactions: m73

m73

Reaction score
Looks great! I love the finish on the console. If you can, find out what the owner used @m73.

I agree, I can certainly ask and see if he replies. I believe he is in Europe and the paint/supplies there may be different.

-M

m73

Reaction score
Good to hear from you Chris :)

I will certainly send another email -- He should reply but will wait to see what he says --

Looks like a very nice sheen and texture as I examine it more closely.

-Mo

m73

Reaction score
It looks amazing! These are the rub on transfer, correct?

Yes, they seem to work just as well if not better than the stencil and are much easier to apply. A little clear-coat and I think it is a good solution for DIY.

Again, good to be posting and connecting with you all,

-Mo

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Must have been 3D printed, no radio opening.

Gerhard in Germany fabricates face plates out of steel. It could be his. You can find him on the german e9 forum.

Also, BMW did have a closed version but I think it may be a removeable cap. You can see an example in the blue books. Another example by this member. His may be custom because the lower portion seems to sit proud.

88E01988-981F-414C-AB53-9C0EFC3B17F6.jpeg
2980D8CB-2447-4F65-A2B6-2A7EF1C233FD.jpeg
DF5F9F00-6E1A-44BB-B580-59E2E80BB6FE.jpeg

m73

Reaction score
I think you are on the right track Markos. I just sent an email to the owner asking about the console and finish material and will post results when I can.

BTW those pictures and reference material are outstanding per usual -- at least we are keeping up with the German e9 forum ;)

dpdapper

Site Donor
Reaction score

I second this on all counts. Bought a set and they look great. Just be careful and patient in applying. Probably a lot easier to apply if the console is out of the car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

m73

Reaction score
I second this on all counts. Bought a set and they look great. Just be careful and patient in applying. Probably a lot easier to apply if the console is out of the car.

Thanks David,

I remember our conversation and you actually sent me a few pictures of your installation -- I recall you also had great success and your console also looked great.

Perhaps if anyone has questions they can ask you directly?

I will post a picture with your permission --

AC_decal_11b2ed8d-7d64-472f-b152-7775df9e741d.jpg

dpdapper

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks David,

I remember our conversation and you actually sent me a few pictures of your installation -- I recall you also had great success and your console also looked great.

Thanks David,

No problem. That photo was after I’d screwed up the arrow to the left of AIR. [emoji31] You were kind enough to send me another set!

m73

Reaction score
No problem. That photo was after I’d screwed up the arrow to the left of AIR. [emoji31] You were kind enough to send me another set!

Thanks I think you sent me another photo of it completed....maybe this one?

AC_Panel.png

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
Did all cars have markings on the panel, English or German? Or did some have no words at all, as shown on the blue book pics above?