'74 silver/black csl-look on BAT

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
You'd have to think they are looking for 100-150k based on the CSL that sold on BAT recently. My guess says 120k on the hammer but passed in.

tygaboy

Reaction score
I'm about to do a bumper conversion on my '74 so have been scrutinizing the pics in this auction. Is it perspective or just me: does it look like the rear bumper on this car runs "uphill"?

Last edited:

Strato102

Site Donor
Reaction score
A section of a 2x4 between the forward lift pad and frame rail isn't rocket science. The new driver's side floor pan is already dented.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
And a CSL clone with a dash top warning pod? The rear bumper looks crooked to me as well. The A/C was removed but it still has the A/C console side panels, no trunk tail panel cover either.
Looks nice but a CS with a CSL badges just feels wrong to me. I get it’s got the look of a CSL but you can get that look without changing the badges.

Last edited:

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
And a CSL clone with a dash top warning pod? The rear bumper looks crooked to me as well. The A/C was removed but it still has the A/C console side panels, no trunk tail panel cover either.

Agree...As a result It will only bring 175k with the BaT crowd...crazy

Last edited by a moderator:

e9john

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think you need to take this car for what it is and what its claiming to be, it's listed as a Modified 3.0 CS, don't think anybody will bid for this expecting to get a CSL.
I'm doing a rep CSL build because it's a dream car for me and I would never be able to afford to buy one finished and ready for the road so I bought a rusty, none runner, auto CS 10 years ago. I have spent money on repair panels for all the normal places and took the front wings off, glass out etc, and carried out a full respray, repaired all the wood, all work done my myself. I've got a Bat kit for it, 5 speed box, triple webers, correct radiator, Frits bits headers, W&N stainless exhaust, Scheels, recovered rear seats, Coupeking wheels, Petri etc.
Spent a lot of my time and money doing this as a labour of love and hobby and by spreading the cost over time it's been affordable for me but I would not like to know how much I've spent so far, not just on the CSL specific bits but on all the other bits needed to restore an e9 properly.

Would I get my money back if I sold it, don't care really as the plan is not to sell it and if it gets sold after I've gone at least there will be something to show for it.

I don't think there's anything wrong in changing a car to how you want it, just be honest about what it is.

Finding faults regarding this car not having everything a real CSL should have is easy but not everybody wants to go that far or are that bothered. I love a 100% correct car, all nice with polished nuts and bolts underneath but also enjoy other peoples pride and joy that might not be anywhere near top standard but is still loved by the owner.

My car would never be mistaken for a real BAT, it's a right hand drive for one thing, which suits me fine living in the UK.

That rear bumper just needs levelling up.

Last edited:

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
front fenders removed?

1974_bmw_3-0cs_163007594405a6251cb0cf3aTED70534.jpg

Ya, that rear bumper is the most noticeable issue.

All else, car looks really good! Gotta love those fresh floor pans! Probably the one can get banged out.

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sold for 130k. Not terrible if the chassis was gone through properly.

@hbchris - do you know who did the chassis restoration?

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Sold for 130k. Not terrible if the chassis was gone through properly.

@hbchris - do you know who did the chassis restoration?
Don’t know who did paint and bodywork but a lot was done in owners garage. Edit: not the coupe I was thinking of

Last edited:

HBe9

Reaction score
LOL I am a medical doctor but can also do magical healing in my garage on occasions!
Chris, with all due respect, you don't know me or had spent any time with me to comment!

if anyone needs a local references for a 1st class body and paint or metal shop, you can contact me directly
I also work with a custom interior guy who works with automotive manufactures on concept cars etc and NOT your cookie cutter carpets and interiors suppliers.

Last edited:

floridabmx

Reaction score
$130k!!! Oowee. And folks were hating on my $40k batmobiles. Y’all come see me if you want the great value / clover valley edition

HBe9

Reaction score
ya no need to hate, we can celebrate the fact that these beautiful cars are finally getting the attention and price they deserve!

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
i just don't get it... do you guys earn suddenly a double wage ? double pension ??
or are those good ( hoped) investments nowadays ??