74 Sienna 5 speed Sunroof California car /Bay area/ new interior $27.5

bossrobot

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sold !

Click link above to see more pictures:

This car gets many thumbs up and people taking pictures whenever I park it !
It is really a joy to own.

I own/work on classic cars for fun, so I am going to be as rigorously honest as I can about this car

This is my first time offering this car at $ 27,500 b/o and I am hoping people can come and see it in person and make offers.

This Sienna 74 came from Richmond Ca. where it had sat for the last 12 years inside a building that housed a carbon fiber boat building shop. The previous owner had the seats and panels /Dash done in leather by Hanks in Alameda Ca.
I bought the car and put 7K (parts only) to give it what it needed to be fully operable and reliable.

This car has lived in doors most of its life, except for a few years after the original owners son left it out side after his wife had a baby and wanted the garage. Bay area car with a few years in Arizona. I have enjoyed working on and driving this car. This is a good "keeper" car. An honest car. I am selling because my son is doing a study abroad program and less toys are better for me right now.

I am very glad to answer questions / more pictures/ or show the car. Give me a call
(510) 708-9348 Johnny

The good:
Good car /Dry / California
Color combo is very attractive !
The engine in the car is original (has VIN stamped)
The engine runs well, starts every time has power, stays cool.
5 speed and clutch are good
New BMW calipers in rear and pads
Very nice interior
All windows and the sunroof work well
Gauges work well
All keys match
Does not run down battery when sitting, electrical is stable reliable
Long, long list .......of new parts on car
The car has only had a few owners and all were able to care for the car properly
Currently registered and clean title in my name

The Bad
Rear window heater is pealing
Has small rust in spare tire well /floor/passenger fender (sealed with marine resin by previous owner)
older paint body filler on drivers door, 1980's quality not very straight overall
Newer bilsteins, but needs strut mounts so front end makes some clicking sounds
Original engine runs great but has blow by / a little leaky here and there
Needs a new headliner
Wheels have curb rash
AC compressor is removed ( I have it)

I have some extra parts that can go with the car depending on how it all works out /
nice 73 front bumper

Thanks for looking

Attachments

• DSC_0023.jpg
    DSC_0023.jpg
    393.4 KB · Views: 256
  • DSC_0156.jpg
    DSC_0156.jpg
    264.6 KB · Views: 251
  • DSC_0155888.jpg
    DSC_0155888.jpg
    293.2 KB · Views: 259
  • DSC_0157888.jpg
    DSC_0157888.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:

bossrobot

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have had and worked on this one for a while, its a really good car. So, having had a reasonable and pleasant experience with the Sienna 74 coupe......... in true enthusiast fashion I paid too much for another one ! (the black 73) which I will probably own forever.
It always seems to happen that way.;)

bossrobot

Site Donor
Reaction score
What, they put the baby in the garage instead of the coupe? A true enthusiast would have stored the baby outdoors; after all, babies don't rust.
Plus a baby don't take up a whole parking space anyway ! so what gives there ?

floridabmx

Reaction score
I love the color combination, so 70’s. The aged decals on the hubcaps match the car perfectly as well. Lovely car and GLWS

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have had and worked on this one for a while, its a really good car. So, having had a reasonable and pleasant experience with the Sienna 74 coupe......... in true enthusiast fashion I paid too much for another one ! (the black 73) which I will probably own forever.
It always seems to happen that way.;)
I completely sympathize with your decision. From what I've seen of your TWO coupes, I would keep the black '73 too. GLWS - the new price seems like a very reasonable asking price.

bossrobot

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks for the input !
Whatever the market will bare. Its always hard to know. I have enjoyed working on it.