73' US fromt bumper conversion to 72' bumper

m_thompson

Reaction score
I am missing the 1" thick rubber spacer that goes between the right rear bumper overrider and the body.
If you are converting to '72 brackets you will not need the rubber spacer.
Any chance that you would sell me the right rear rubber spacer?

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I will let you know if I receive the correct parts. Or if they even ultimately send me the correct all the parts I ordered.;)
I placed an order as well. I know there have been some rumbles about ECS. From what I've read, I don't care for the "corporate takeover" approach they've implemented over a couple of other, passionate companies. But my direct ECS experiences haven't been terrible (yet). We'll see if these orders come to fruition.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Say what you will about 73 bumpers but if someone bumps me in the rear it isn’t going to crease the body.
That is a good point, Chris. From what I've seen, it appears to me that the connection point on the inside of the trunk of '73's is more robust than the connection brackets on the earlier cars. Is this true? I have a fairly heavy bracket with several gussets on each side that the bumper "loops" attach to (through the body). I have to say, though, my loops are pretty stiff - not sure they would provide much compliance with a bump to the rear.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Meh. How often are you parking it in places where it'll get bumped? Parallel parked downtown? No thanks.

As far as getting rear-ended, even the 74+ US bumpers wouldn't help that much, and that's what insurance is for.

gdub0717

Site Donor
Reaction score
BUMMER.....
Response from ECS

Hello,

The SPACER, BUMPER BRACKET - and SPRING CLIP that you have ordered is no longer available. The product is either no longer in production or is unable to be sourced by ECS Tuning. We were unable to locate any substitute product for the item ordered.

Please respond letting us know how you want to proceed.

For current order information including expected ship date, availability and more sign into your account here.

--

Thank you for contacting ECS Tuning. Please let me know if you need anything else.

gdub0717

Site Donor
Reaction score
Now I am back on the hunt for a Pair of these. Any one have a pair the want to sell???
OR, If someone happens to have a pair they can send me. I will pay for postage.
Fabricate a set. Then return.
Would be great, but totally understand, it would be a hassle.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
BUMMER.....
Response from ECS

Hello,

The SPACER, BUMPER BRACKET - and SPRING CLIP that you have ordered is no longer available. The product is either no longer in production or is unable to be sourced by ECS Tuning. We were unable to locate any substitute product for the item ordered.

Please respond letting us know how you want to proceed.

For current order information including expected ship date, availability and more sign into your account here.

--

Thank you for contacting ECS Tuning. Please let me know if you need anything else.
I guess I am not surprised. I haven't received the message yet, but assume it is coming.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
AEBF0D57-9E2B-4AEF-AFE6-B4E90E5DA5A0.jpeg
Anybody needs front or rear “horns” - I have them in stock. Limited....
Front is 250.00 per set (left, right and strips)
Rear is 225.00 per set
Plus flat rate shipping
Brand new.....