73 3.0cs in PA $26k NMNA

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Looks decent, but w/a little bubbling on the rear quarter lip, wonder what the underside looks like.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Here is their website: https://www.vacmotorsports.com/

Chris, I thought that it was ??? until I looked at the website. Lots of local experts within 50 miles of this shop who could motor over for a look see and PPI. A euro coupe, sunroof, etc that needs to be up on a lift to tell the tale.

Steve

boonies

Boonies
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I am reasonably close if someone is seriously interested. It is interesting that they are a dealer and engine shop but cannot do more to be descriptive about the issues and take better pictures.

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
that needs to be up on a lift to tell the tale.
The video linked to in the listing is a good start.

Like any E9 (or maybe ANY vintage car) it needs a PPI by the potential buyer or a trusted alternate.

One thing to keep in mind is that not every E9 is or will be a 100 point near perfect example, but can still be fully enjoyed by the buyer.

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Looks promising. No VIN listed (VIN plate MIA) but appears to be Euro spec. No side markers, has rear fog light and what looks like a fuel injection air cleaner bracket on the right inner fender. Is or was a CSi?
IMG_0221.jpeg

Last edited:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Looks promising. No VIN listed (VIN plate MIA) but appears to be Euro spec. No side markers, has rear fog light and what looks like a fuel injection air cleaner bracket on the right inner fender. Is or was a CSi?
View attachment 168999

Lots of strange parts on this one, but my vote is CSI chassis.

D-Jet bits:
129A55F0-5796-4A6D-A258-9816BEE57B23.jpeg
B426DA7B-BDAE-4C18-BC71-F195E1E5AF7B.jpeg

boonies

Boonies
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Floor repairs don't look great, but overall not as rusty as some we have seen. Even with the video it is an incomplete picture of the trouble prone areas.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It is interesting that they are a dealer and engine shop but cannot do more to be descriptive about the issues
Yes, that is not lost on me. VAC is on my list for sending a head to for their Stage 2 or Stage 3 head machining (porting, valve work, etc). But this video takes the bloom off their rose, so to speak. I assume the guy walking around the car in the video has nothing to do with the engine machine work they do. But I don't know that for fact...