72 csi on BaT in Leipzig

offpage

Site Donor
Reaction score
This sale shows how uneven the pricing can be. @offpage, you got 90 percent of the fun of this car for 40 percent of the price! Yes, a csi is rare to find in good shape here in the USA, but the price premium for this good, but not great car, without AC, is nuts.
I think some of it has to do with the emotional x-factor auctions play. You get a handful of people, and usually it ends up being just two, with a high level of emotional engagement. It becomes a competition. And bidders begin to emotionally feel the "loss" of not having the car they have spent a few days already imagining themselves owning. There is nothing rationale about it, and we are hard wired to try to win not lose. I'm guessing with most of the auctions that are outliers like this, the buyers didn't set a max bid for themselves, and instead kept bidding with emotion fueled by a desire to win and not feel the loss. I know it's common to say the market has spoken after an auction, but I don't necessarily feel that way myself due to the range of results we see at auction vs private sales.

And yes, I got a great car, and imho an even better color!

Last edited: