'66 2000CS basket case project begins!

TWHansen

Reaction score
Picked this up for an embarrassingly low price off of Craigslist last week.

Missing headlight buckets, front bumper, and keys. Everything else is supposedly there and it was ostensibly a running car two years ago. Headlights were the glassed-in European ones and were scadged for the restoration of a nicer car.

The interior is fried. Totally ruined.

As it happens, I know a previous owner of the car from Connecticut who claims it was a CA car at one point. How it wound up here in Wisconsin is anyone's guess.

On the plus side, the M10 is supposed to be a breeze to work on. The clutch pedal has no give whatsoever and it looks to be stuck in neutral.

The rust is too pervasive for this to be a restoration candidate but I kinda want to see if we can get it running and driving just for the heck of it.

I'm new to these cars and any advice is welcome.

IMG_2043 by TWHansen, on Flickr

IMG_2042 by TWHansen, on Flickr

IMG_2012 by TWHansen, on Flickr

IMG_2018 by TWHansen, on Flickr

IMG_2013 by TWHansen, on Flickr

74EuroE9

Reaction score
Congrats!

I am also new to this world, got my car in Feb. By coincidence, I have been offered a a 2000CS, project car, with California black plates. It has an automatic, seats are out of the car, but come with it. Any interest? Given that your car is to be a driver and missing the original (ugly IMHO) headlamps, have you considered some sort of custom treatment for the front facia? It would be interesting if someone came up with an improved look for these cars...for me they are beautiful, except for the facia. Maybe 2002 grilles / headlamps? Or maybe chop off the top, yank the rear seats and make an aluminum tonneau cover for a sporty, w seater look. Franken-Coupe Roadster! Above all, have fun with her!

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
66 basket case

Hi TW;
I have extra European headlight buckets but no lens. I am not sure what they will bring in but am open to offers. They are in good shape with some rust on the bottom of the refectors.Give me your emailess and I will send pictures.
Have a great day.
Koopman.