4 Post Lift Save

RMP

Site Donor $
Reaction score
image.jpeg image.jpeg Although the CS wasn't on the lift, the M6 was, a near disaster. Front of lift pointed down. Just sharing cause David Doehler, Chem Nut Equipment in MA, saved the day. Never knew of him before but, in case you ever need: 508 208 6170, he has been doing this for 25 years. Some pics. M6 is fine, we went out so she could "sing" loudly, feels better now!

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
That's a nightmare, lucky to escape without any damages!
What happened to the lift?

RMP

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Cable system could have been adjusted better when installed, April 2017, so locks stopped in the rear, but not in the front for a couple more lock stops. M6 rolled forward.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Close call.

I had a cable fray and get off a pulley with my '73 2002Tii on the lift, it would go up but not down. Had to remove the damaged cable and pulleys with the car on the lift 4 feet in the air. The lift company sent me a new cable for free.

IMG_5807.JPG
IMG_5815.JPG

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
Ouch! One of the reasons I'm planning on a two post MaxJax

Mine has performed flawlessly. There is some slight leakage from the hydraulic cylinders, but that barely wets the base plate and I haven't bothered to wipe it up after over a year of use.

It only has two raised position locks. You put a bar through the column and lower the arms back down to rest on the stops. It works fine but I've been considering drilling a new hole or two. When putting in my Boxster transmission, the lift was below it's first stop and was sitting on the hydraulics. It was low enough I could use jack stands under the arms as a safety measure.

At the top position, the bottom of a car is high enough I can sit on my Harbor Freight furniture dolly with a generous foam pad and roll around with a few inches of head clearance. That makes things underneath much easier.

I got mine through Costco, they carry them occasionally. It was a good deal.

Ian