3500 L tronic???

giannicsl

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I would like advice on which engine to put on my 3500 cc e9 coupe!

I need to understand what kind of benefits I will!

I now have the classic 2986 d-jet! 200 hp

I would like to install the engine from 218 hp L tronic 3500 ..

I wonder if that engine is easy to assemble ...

I will not give too much money to the mechanic to fit that engine in my coupe ...

I wanted to know if I can do a remove and replace or do I have something!

for example I wanted to know if the exhaust collector are the same! I now mounted on my 2986 sports collectors stainless fritz's ....

I have to replace them if I mount the 3500?

or I can put them on the 3500?

I also wanted to remove the fuel injection system since 3500 and chance all with weber 48 DCOE 3 ....

think we can do?

I cam from a 284 to match 3500 and the 48 weber ...

could fit these changes? or too expensive to change all this?

I get to 240 hp maximum power ... it would be nice!

I conclude by thanking you and me ask you all if you sell a complete motor to put in my coupe ... which is good compression and does not cost much!

best regards

[email protected]

x_atlas0

Reaction score
The "best" M30 to use is the M30B35, used in the E34 and E32 535 and 735, respectively. This engine is the "best" because it combines high compression (9.3:1 in Euro trim, if I am not mistaken) with larger valves, resulting in a better-flowing head. This engine can generally be found for pretty cheap.

It is usually combined with the Motronic 1.3 system used in the cars it was originally in. This system is the most robust of the M30 FI systems, based on the complexity of the earlier L-Jet, D-Jet, and Motronic 1.0 systems. The 1.3 system also provides the most power, the most "tune-ability", and the best fuel economy. It is not very complicated to install. The tricky part is the stock brake booster, as the B35 intake manifold will hit the stock booster. The standard fix is to use a 2002tii brake booster, but they are not very easy to find. Other members have cut and welded the intake manifold so it fits instead.

You should be able to use the headers you have with the later M30s without issue.

You can switch to the triple Weber setup (usually 40 DCOEs) but it will significantly reduce mileage and generally make the car harder to tune. I personally prefer a tuned FI system. Several companies make a MAF conversion kit that makes the M30B35 make ~200 rwhp with excellent throttle response.