3.0cs Hawaii 73 on ebay

Ronin

Reaction score
Color

Although the color is not original to the E9, I think it's beautiful. When the Hawaiian sun hits it perfectly, it almost looks gold. Well done.

cartoonz

Reaction score
I really like the color.

The bodywork and rust prep though... uhh, not so much. Look at the full set of pics on the google album. He won't even show the rockers, but you can see daylight through the spare well and there are some screwy shots of the floorboards as well. For that price, better work should have been done.

...pretty color though ;)

DaSurfa

Reaction score
That is a gorgeous color on the coupe.
Man looking at the pictures of background makes me miss Hawaii so much.

Ed G

Site Donor
Reaction score
Cheesy wheel treatment and lack of engine detailing sends up red flags to me. Upper fenders toward front look funky in photos. Like any prospective buy, I'd dig deep on this one. Brown leaves me luke warm, but the "sparkles" help IMHO.

Going for med adjustment today. I'll be "glass half full" tomorrow.

bejerana

Reaction score
I didn't "fall out of love", I still am in love with my coupe.... i wanted to see if there was any interest out there for my marrakesh coupe. Its a love/hate color, i noticed. Some love it, some don't. I put lots of work into it and truly enjoy it. I thank all on this board for all the helpful info when i was "stuck" with an issue.

On another note, I saw that 2000 CS from Hilo, on craigslist about a week ago, but was taken down within an hour. Must have sold...

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The description of the work shows it was done with noble intentions, not just to flip, and I suspected it had input from the board. I see it as 70% done so I was puzzled as why sell it?

I like the color, if this is called Marrakesh then Stan's color should be Casablanca, just please do not put Berber carpets to match the theme.

Last edited:

HBe9

Reaction score
its a nice car, just needs that extra touch on the seats so it can look respectable !

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
If I only learned one thing from Mario, it's this..

If there is any sign of corrosion anywhere, chances are the front fenders need to come off and the inner/intermediate fenders will need repairs/replacement.

I really like the exterior color on this car as it highlights the shape of the body. Excellent choice.

The Picts of the restoration and the "lumpiness" of the under hood areas such as the fender channels says Mario is right. Plus the bond shots of other famous rust areas (rockers, rear quarters) without shots showing repaired bare metal under that bondo further suggest this very pretty car needs another $20k of repairs if a future owner wants it to be usable without fear that rust will return in a few years.

Finally a pet preeve. A new set of seat covers over old rubberized horsehair is like shiny paint over a rusty, bondo'd body. The seat is only as good as it's infrastructure. Kudos to the seller for warning prospective buyers that the seat will really need to be redone again to be right. These seats can be redone using OEM pads or built up with layers of inexpensive synthetic horsehair padding that is trimmed to give the right thicknesses and contours. It's not hard or expensive.

'69 2800cs

Reaction score
Totally agree on those front fenders...they look suspect.

For the big bucks, show me the rust before, during and after repairs.