3.0 CSL ,Batmobile’ Italy

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Is the VIN of this CSL known to the community ?
In traffic 01/1973 ?
When did production of the LHD series II CSL 110 cars ,batmobile’ start ??

VIN: 2275484
Production of the 110 Bats must have started around July 1973.
For sale since a few years.

Last edited:

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
Funny to see non matching wheels mounted on either side of the car; I see 5 hole alpina's, and at least 1 10 hole wheel mounted.

Still, I wouldn't be ashamed if I would be the lucky custodian...

m5toureg

Reaction score
VIN: 2275484
Production of the 110 Bats must have started around July 1973.
For sale since a few years.
I have now checked my files and found that ,batmobile’ series 1 E9 CSL were ,supposedly’
produced between April and June 1973 >> VIN 2275 430 > 2275 539.
If the CSL offered here for a ,pretty stiff’ (in my opinion) price is indeed VIN 2275 484,
how come it is claimed the car was first time registered ,in traffic’ already in 01/1973 ??
Where is the error ?

mario csl giallo golf

Site Donor
Reaction score
Conosco buona parte della storia dell'auto, questo errore nasce dal fatto che l'auto è stata immatricolata, immatricolata, per la prima volta, da nuova in Spagna, poi nel 1990 è stata importata in Italia. nel trasferimento dei dati spagnoli l'anno di prima immatricolazione è stato fissato al 1973, come normalmente avviene in Italia. Na nel titolo di proprietà, che in Italia è diverso dall'immatricolazione, richiede necessariamente una data di immatricolazione e normalmente viene assegnata la data del 1° gennaio, in questo caso 1973, quando l'auto proviene dall'estero. Ma sappiamo tutti che il 1° gennaio di ogni anno, non credo ci sia parte del mondo dove questa data non sia festiva, quindi uffici chiusi. è quindi necessario avere una copia dei documenti di prima immatricolazione spagnoli, oppure richiedere una copia del certificato BMW Classic che il venditore possiede e mostra ai potenziali acquirenti. In ogni caso non credo che questa sia la prima cosa che verrà in mente a chi intende effettivamente acquistare questa vettura, che è decisamente una mazza CSL.
Ora ho controllato i miei file e ho scoperto che la "batmobile" serie 1 E9 CSL era "presumibilmente"
prodotta tra aprile e giugno 1973 >> VIN 2275 430 > 2275 539.
Se il CSL offerto qui per un prezzo "piuttosto rigido" (secondo me) è effettivamente VIN 2275 484,
come mai si dice che l'auto sia stata immatricolata per la prima volta nel traffico già nel 01/1973?
Dov'è l'errore?
Conosco buona parte della storia dell'auto, questo errore nasce dal fatto che l'auto è stata immatricolata, immatricolata, per la prima volta, da nuova in Spagna, poi nel 1990 è stata importata in Italia. nel trasferimento dei dati spagnoli l'anno di prima immatricolazione è stato fissato al 1973, come normalmente avviene in Italia. Na nel titolo di proprietà, che in Italia è diverso dall'immatricolazione, richiede necessariamente una data di immatricolazione e normalmente viene assegnata la data del 1° gennaio, in questo caso 1973, quando l'auto proviene dall'estero. Ma sappiamo tutti che il 1° gennaio di ogni anno, non credo ci sia parte del mondo dove questa data non sia festiva, quindi uffici chiusi. è quindi necessario avere una copia dei documenti di prima immatricolazione spagnoli, oppure richiedere una copia del certificato BMW Classic che il venditore possiede e mostra ai potenziali acquirenti. In ogni caso non credo che questa sia la prima cosa che verrà in mente a chi intende effettivamente acquistare questa vettura, che è decisamente una mazza CSL.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score

TRANSLATION

know a good part of the history of the car, this error arises from the fact that the car was registered, registered, for the first time, when new in Spain, then in 1990 it was imported into Italy. in the transfer of the Spanish data, the year of first registration was set at 1973, as normally happens in Italy. Na in the title, which in Italy is different from the registration, necessarily requires a registration date and is normally assigned the date of 1 January, in this case 1973, when the car comes from abroad. But we all know that on January 1st of every year, I don't think there is any part of the world where this date is not a holiday, therefore offices closed. it is therefore necessary to have a copy of the Spanish first registration documents, or request a copy of the BMW Classic certificate that the seller holds and shows to potential buyers. In any case, I don't think this is the first thing that will come to mind for anyone who actually intends to buy this car, which is definitely a CSL sledgehammer.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have now checked my files and found that ,batmobile’ series 1 E9 CSL were ,supposedly’
produced between April and June 1973 >> VIN 2275 430 > 2275 539.

Seems the production dates of the 2275 Bats are well into Nov 1973? See some examples. Compare the VIN to the production dates, something doesn’t jell!

IMG_2613.jpeg
IMG_2612.jpeg
IMG_2611.jpeg
IMG_2612.jpeg

m5toureg

Reaction score
Production date for CSL VIN 2275 484 = Oct. 1973 - actual 1st registration date ??
(minor issue = true ! compared to others…..)
-
@Keshav -
as it appears from the ,certificate’ examples you provided > production of E9 CSL ,batmobile’
version 1 >starting in April ’73 continued into Oct > Nov ’73 and beyond > 1974/75 !
Reason being weak demand/sale ?
It also appears that these cars were hand assembled with ,production order’ not following the
VIN sequence. Yesterdays news ? ;)

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
that makes sense - i know that one of the first of the BAT series 2 was completed on 11 Feb 1974 - it was then delivered to a dealer on 20 Feb in Mainz