3.0 cs on eBay

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Unknown '74 big bumper slush box with bad engine and no fender pics needs love???

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
look at all of the detailed pix - link was added to the auction. there's some odd things here.

s1180.photobucket.com/user/hollywoodinvestments/slideshow/1975%20BMW%203%200%20CS

Mcflury

Reaction score
I am pretty sure I looked at this car in Florida about two months ago could be different. But looks very similar if it was had a bad respray and fresh back undercoat bubbling in a few of the usual places I had to pass since the price was too high for me and no AC

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
got a question for people who know 74+ euro models. do euro 74+ cars have the same trunk bracing that is in US cars? i realize that ours had the bracing for the 5mph bumpers ... but it seems odd to me that BMW would have produced 2 different toolings at the same time. i'm probably wrong ... but i am curious.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Euro coupes post 74

got a question for people who know 74+ euro models. do euro 74+ cars have the same trunk bracing that is in US cars? i realize that ours had the bracing for the 5mph bumpers ... but it seems odd to me that BMW would have produced 2 different toolings at the same time. i'm probably wrong ... but i am curious.

Post 743 euro coupes did not have the US bumper reinforcements in the trunk and front frame rails.

sirshorty

Reaction score
75 3.0cs

NMNA,
car was addressed here before
http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14188&highlight=1975

Yes it was in Florida and sold on ebay by a company called Hollywood investments. Now new owner has it up for basically what he paid for it. He left negative feedback for the seller saying "car was not as described despite assurances otherwise" It is now on Long island NY in the Hamptons. if I'm out there this week I may go take a look at it. will let you guys know if i do.
Cheers
Sir Shorty

sirshorty

Reaction score
we will see

we will see if the deal goes through. the new seller was not happy with it and his description was pretty much the same as the old seller he bought it from. to answer oneil's question, i would be driving but not on a friday or coming back on a sunday and not with my coupe. i use my NYC beat up LR discovery for such trips. costly on gas but rugged enugh for the lovely LIE which has many sections comparable to downtown Beirut in the 80's for sure.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I wish I had the chance- in Utah today delivering Chuck Rich's Jaberjaw.
Would have flown direct to NY to inspect if still available.
Only 2 digits off Jon Iversons Turkis we are working on.
'74 euro is a wonderful thing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 173

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm surprised

This looks like a pretty clean coupe, with the exception of the typical rust in the front fenders. The underside pics look great. Even the floor plugs seem to have retained their original crispness, indicating low rust). I know it's an auto, but how would you contrast this to the Maryland Euro coupe which appears to need significantly more body work.

I think this might have been a great buy at $15k.

John

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
yep John,

i think somebody spent a lot of time stripping the underside and recoating it. they also sprayed the rockers with the undercoating. ... and under the hood. when you look at the detail pix - the interior wood was horrible. the interior seats didn't match the door armrest. the recovering of the door panels wasn't so great. all across this car there was evidence of great care in some places, and seemingly no care spent on important places. in the detail pix it was at best a 10 footer. there was a tremendous amount of orange peel on the paint. its kinda like that lifestyle lifts commercial, where they shoot the original face neck very clear, then after the work they shoot the pix w/ a ton of fill light and a heavy filter on the camera so that you don't see the wrinkles.

i put up a post on it initially - right after the listing here ... but took it down after the detailed pix were linked to the ebay auction.