2800 CS @ Specialty Sales for $69k

bubukitty

Reaction score
I went to see the car today as it is about 20 minutes away. It is a nice car in a number of respects, but not worth anywhere near what the seller is asking. The car is Baikal in color with tan leather interior. The paint on the car is very shiny, but up close, the paint job is not all that great. There are a number of areas of orange peel, and the top of the trunk has a couple of small runs, and fisheyes. There is dust in the paint in a number of areas on the car. Under the hood, generally pretty clean and possibly original, but for almost $70 large it had better be clean enough to eat off of. It was not. Lots of chips in the material in the firewall area and other areas underhood. The vinyl areas in the trunk is covered entirely in carpet and completely non-stock. The Alpina wheels are chromed, and the chome is not so great in areas and there is some corrosion in the spoke areas. The interior is clean and leather and wood in good shape. Carpet and door panels are non-stock. Speaker perforations cut into the door panels and kick panels. So, these are the main nits to pick. The good is....no discernable rust under the car and in the body panels. Panels are mostly straight with some small creases in the driver's door. As the paint appears relatively new, perhaps any rust repair that was botched has not made its way to the surface yet. However, very dry and rust free under the car. Shiny paint in a terrific color, but again, not the best quality job. No sunroof. As a 2800, drum brakes in the rear. The salesman said the seller has $50,000 invested into the car over the 10 years he has owned. Does this translate to $70k? No way. I saw the $75k black 3.0 CS at Canepa Design in Scotts Valley near Santa Cruz a few months ago, and that car was amazing. The car at Specialty does not come close. Maybe worth $20-$22k IMO I took a number of pictures. If interested, let me know and I can email them to you.