2800 CS child's peddle car

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I've put enough kids toys together to know that you need an axle top hat nut. Google that and look at the images. You can also buy retainers which have little find that grip the axle. Most new toys have a plastic end cap with the finned retainer inside it.

Top hat nut:
9805b833-c657-4c15-9218-cfac5fc9c8d6_400_compressed.jpg

Axle retainer:
s-l225.jpg

BTW - to install these you need to stick a socket under the fixed one, then you use a deadblow hammer or rubber mallet to tap the other end on.

coupelady

Reaction score
You're a life saver on the top hat nut. I will check it out. This info makes me smile.

coupelady

Reaction score
Been doing a bit of looking on the net to see if there is anyone else showing this car. So far no luck, I guess it is pretty obscure in the US.

coupelady

Reaction score
The more I think about this little car and the net research I have done, I wonder if BMW made these? With the 2800CS script on it, that would be something they would like to control. But "back then" whenever that was, BMW might not have know that these pedal cars existed for awhile for them to ask the manufacturer to stop making them. It has been frustrating not to find out anything about them on the net except our fine e9 board. An aside, anyone had much experience using light gauge plexiglass? For the windshield there is a very small bend, might not have to heat it up just support it behind with good washers, screws and nuts to hold it in place. I have ordered Plastex which will allow you to make patches. In my case the white bumper in the front, the middle area is almost gone, I reinforced it with epoxy and pieces of plastic. So far so good, should be getting the Plastex this week, will try a small area first.

bela22

Reaction score
I was able to have all stickers reproduced for these pedal cars, even the POLIZEI script and logo in very high quality in the original size.

I have some extra sets if any of you need them, or can sell them individually too.

Attachments

• IMG_1468.jpeg
    IMG_1468.jpeg
    158.3 KB · Views: 24