2800 CS child's peddle car

coupelady

Reaction score
Has anyone come across information on the orange plastic 2800CS peddle car? I was fortunate enough to purchase one from a CS owner at the Vintage in 2015 in Winston-Salem. I do not know who the manufacturer was as it has no identifications. Seems like someone within our CS community did know something about this car. I am considering keeping it in "played with condition". It is rather rough but I had never seen one before so had to have it for the model collection.

coupelady

Reaction score
Thanks for that info.

And, yes, I count myself very lucky to have scored this little car. I am sorry that there were not a few more to go around, sorry!

Does Peter frequent this forum?

BMW Pete

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Coupelady,

Nice to make your acquaintance and great find, they do seem to be pretty hard to come by.

Yes, I have one, just added a picture with my daughter with it a couple of years ago.

Sadly, I haven't found much info on it, there was another guy from the UK, name of Chris who completely restored one, looked fantastic, he was trying to sell here about 3 years ago........sadly, haven't restored mine yet, to much going on with the big toys.

Good luck and please do feel free to PM me if you feel I can help or you find out anything I should know.

Pete

coupelady

Reaction score
Howdy! I would love to PM you especially to maybe beg some detailed pictures of your little car. Apparently, these cars are few, must've been made over seas? When you daughter was smaller did she actually ride in it?

BUT! I am not able to figure out your email addy. Mine is [email protected]

Thanks for your interest and help.

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
..Also go to youtube...type in "bmw 2500 pedal car" for a good pedal car video...appears to be Granetrot (unsure of spelling)..more sure of pedal car tho :)

BMW Pete

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Coupelady,

I will send an email in a moment.

Here a few pictures of a gorgeous one Christopher finished in the UK......cant remember his forum name, maybe others do
pedal2a.jpg
pedal 3a.jpg
pedal 4a.jpg
pedal 5a.jpg
pedal 6a.jpg
pedal 7a.jpg

.......sadly, he didn't find the stickers for the dials.....I have some seriously worn ones, not really good to copy, but would love to find them.

Best

Pete

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
.......sadly, he didn't find the stickers for the dials.....I have some seriously worn ones, not really good to copy, but would love to find them.

Best

Pete

I bet that @m73 could recreate them for you all if he gets some good pics and dimensions.

Reactions: m73

m73

Reaction score
I bet that @m73 could recreate them for you all if he gets some good pics and dimensions.

Thanks again for the mention Markos. Will need to start sharing your name for some of your parts too :)

I am sure forum members would like to see a picture of what the original dials looked like. If you are serious about making them then I can do it provided dimensions as mentioned earlier.

Great little car! ;)

-Mo

BMW Pete

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks again for the mention Markos. Will need to start sharing your name for some of your parts too :)

I am sure forum members would like to see a picture of what the original dials looked like. If you are serious about making them then I can do it provided dimensions as mentioned earlier.

Great little car! ;)

-Mo
hi m73,

That would be fantastic, if possible. I will take some pictures and get then over to you

Thanks

Pete

BMW Pete

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Mo and Coupelady

Here are the pictures for everybody on the forum, sorry condition is bad as mentioned.

Diameters of "Wasser" and "Del" are 7/8 of an inch

The "Speedometer" and the "clock" are each 1.5 inches in diameter.

I cannot make them Mo, I understood from above that you would be attempting to........if you cant, then maybe somebody else on the forum would have an idea of who might?

Thanks

Peter

IMG_7751.jpg
IMG_7752.jpg
IMG_7753.jpg

m73

Reaction score
Hi Mo and Coupelady

Here are the pictures for everybody on the forum, sorry condition is bad as mentioned.

Diameters of "Wasser" and "Del" are 7/8 of an inch

The "Speedometer" and the "clock" are each 1.5 inches in diameter.

I cannot make them Mo, I understood from above that you would be attempting to........if you cant, then maybe somebody else on the forum would have an idea of who might?

Thanks

Peter

View attachment 28831 View attachment 28832 View attachment 28833

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the pictures. Sorry if I confused you before-- Yes I can make them :)

I can also make wheel roundels + hood roundel provided with diameter.

The best idea would be to make a small batch of all decals for this type of pedal car and disperse them to you & other owners.

I can estimate cost(s) and those who want them can work out a deal (price will reflect low volume production)

Production usually takes about 1 month (or sooner)

Best,

Mo

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'd love to find one of these for my 3yo!

May want to reach out to this guy. His little car appears to have clean dials...

Also, I think these came with a black seat cushion. You can kind of make it out in the video above. I think the round plastic plugs are what held it in place. You can see the plugs painted white in Christopher's restoration.

11313405_509986422486540_475301073_n.jpg

focusfinder_188847.jpg

auto_005.jpg

auto_006.jpg

Last edited:

coupelady

Reaction score
All I can say is WOW! These little CS are such gems! And children get to use them!
Mine is pretty rough, the more I see the more I am aware of it. I have to admit the first thing I saw that put me over the I wanna have it edge was seeing it trunk end first with the silver 2800CS script. My dial stickers are in pretty good shape, not perfect. I am missing one of the wheel nuts that attaches it to the axil. Getting sorta worried about finding another one.
This journey is pretty exciting, thanks all of you for chiming in.

BMW Pete

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks Mark, My car has the studs still, but not the seat.

Coupelady,

Thats great, any chance you could share the better pictures of your dials.

I am sure a nut could be made.

Thanks

pete