2000 CS Alpina

audiomagnate

Reaction score
Yes, there was such a beast (see page 32 of this book: http://books.google.com/books?id=ux...6AEwCQ#v=onepage&q=bmw 2000 cs alpina&f=false

I have the carbs and intake manifold, swaybars,(all from an 1800TiSA) and Bilstien HDs subbing for the original Koni adjustables. I think all I need is a set of the correct Alpina-Borani wheels, a 5 speed, which the cars desperately needs for highway cruising anyway, and maybe a different steering wheel. Are there any better pictures of a real 2000cs Alpina out there? Am I missing anything? Does anyone know what "rally filters" are? A bad pic of the engine shows them. It looks like they take the ends off the stock air filter holder and add something else. I can tell from the ultra low resolution pic. It looks like I need an Alpina head gasket cover as well.

Attachments

• csALPINA ad.jpg
    csALPINA ad.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 439
  • 2000cs alpina engine.jpg
    2000cs alpina engine.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 368
  • Borrani.jpg
    Borrani.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 313
Last edited:

feri

Reaction score
audiomagnate:

The first think you must learn that don't accept anything immediately what you read in bmw history books, because most of them were written by stupid so called bookwriters, who wants only the money, and don't spend time check if all the facts are correct. The best alpina book is written by well respected bmw lover (http://www.edition-weiss-blau.de/ALPINA, BMW-Buch, Alpina-Buch.htm) it is full of errors.

Anyway this information is true, and this kit (AT 2000 CS) were available for BMW 2000 CS. There are rumors that around 13 of such Alpina tuned 2000 CS were made. There are/was minimum 2 in germany. Also an Alpina at Buchle hasn't confirmed that fact that this tuning package was available from 1966 to 1969.

Some information can be seen here: http://www.duster-team.de/index.php
This is a new version of a older 2000 cs website, but this version is work in progress as I see.

There is another german 2000 cs website with alpina info, it is deleted, probably you can see some part of the site here : http://web.archive.org/web/20021204070856/http://pfeuffers.bei.t-online.de/index.htm

My experince was very bad with the owners of these websites - I have wrote them asking some information about the 2000 c / cs, but got no reply. Maybe you will have more luck.

Here is my article about bmw 2000 cs, with some alpina info: http://fub.uw.hu/bmw200604www.pdf - page 12

About the borrani wheels there is a detailed one in a bmw coupe book: http://www.bmw-coupeclub.de/images/Buecher/Das Grosse Coupe Buch - Auflage 3.jpg

I have seen an alpina 2000 cs last year at a german bmw meeting. The owner wrote that is it an original alpina, but you might know there are so many regular bmw with alpina parts saying "i am an original alpina". Anyway if you want some photos of the engine, interiour, etc, I can share it for you.

And there some pdf shared on the french alpina board. One of them (pubetproduits.pdf) has some info about the alpina 2000 cs wheels, borrani stuff, etc. This e9 board is not allowing to upload that 2 megabyte pdf to here.

You can find some information (mainly specification, price) in the blue / yellow / green alpina parts book from 1969 about the 2000 cs engine.

Side note: Koepchen (small german tuning firm / race team) also sold tuned motors for 2000 cs, and these engines were tuned by Schnitzer (or something like that, I am not at home to check the koepchen brochures)

And there are some other stuff about these alpina 2000 cs, but... i am braindead in this morning, sorry, i can't remember anything more.

Last edited:

Bill Riblett

(deceased)
Reaction score
Another source of information is the book "Das Grosse BMW-Coupe-Buch" subtitled: "Alle Modelle von 1938 bis heute". This is a wonderful book, written in German by Stefan Schrahe and Hans Friedrich Andexer and published by Heel in Germany in 1990. It covers BMW coupes from the 1938 327 to the 1990 850.
There are pictures of a side view of an Alpina 2000CS, a sport seat (like those offered for early 2002s) in front of a 2000CS and a couple of the wire wheels in a chapter on Alpina.

A friend brought me this book from Germany years ago. I have never seen another, although there is a similar book on 2002s by the same publisher.

feri

Reaction score
Another source of information is the book "Das Grosse BMW-Coupe-Buch" subtitled: "Alle Modelle von 1938 bis heute". This is a wonderful book, written in German by Stefan Schrahe and Hans Friedrich Andexer and published by Heel in Germany in 1990. It covers BMW coupes from the 1938 327 to the 1990 850.
There are pictures of a side view of an Alpina 2000CS, a sport seat (like those offered for early 2002s) in front of a 2000CS and a couple of the wire wheels in a chapter on Alpina.

A friend brought me this book from Germany years ago. I have never seen another, although there is a similar book on 2002s by the same publisher.

We are talking about the same book :)

audiomagnate

Reaction score
Thanks for the links. The pdf is in Hungarian and I used Google translator on it. Very interesting. And the wire wheels don't look that bad.

Attachments

• cs alpina.jpg
    cs alpina.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 683

Orangener

Reaction score
Amazing restoration. Is that blue car what you started with? Why US headlights in Austria? Are those 45DCOEs? Is that a real, period correct steering wheel? I can't make out the logo on the horn button.

Sorry, I cant answer any of your question, because this is not my car. :(
Owner is the chairman of the Austrian BMW 02 Club.........

audiomagnate

Reaction score
That's the same car for which Orangener posted the restoration photos, correct? I really want those Rally Filters shown in the Alpina book. Does anyone know anything about them?

Mark B

Reaction score
Rally Filters

I always assumed that you take the stock filters which have metal ends, drill a hole in the center of each and run a threaded rod through them to pull them into the air filter housing. Normally the ends with the snorkels hold the filters in.

I'm curious, any other comments on how this is done?

Bill Riblett

(deceased)
Reaction score
I always assumed that you take the stock filters which have metal ends, drill a hole in the center of each and run a threaded rod through them to pull them into the air filter housing. Normally the ends with the snorkels hold the filters in.

I'm curious, any other comments on how this is done?
I got a filter box like that with my 2002ti. It came with larger diameter filter elements than the standard
(which is shared by 2000CS, 2000ti/tilux, 1600/2002ti and 2000 and 2002 tiis.

If anyone knows where to find the larger size, please let me know. The filter I am looking for is about the same outside diameter as the outside of the filter housing.

Last edited:

Bill Riblett

(deceased)
Reaction score
Thanks, those look like they are larger diameter than what I have. I must have seen them somewhere else.