2 '70 2800CS ...

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
As perhaps already read , i sell my 2 CS because the red rally car isn't anymore "street legal" in Belgium... new rules by our government….

Red "rally" car ( German origine ) with welded Custom Cages UK roll cage , new 3.5l M30 , triple webers, Schnitzer header, Wilwood brakes,Tilton pedal box, dogleg, LSD , INTRAX coilover suspension, KMS ignition with coilpacks. Perfect running condition, of course with "rally" patina as usual , but never accident .

Blue oem "spare" car ( never needed , but better that way ) ( Italian origine, but spend many years in California) , nice condition, matching # engine and 4 sp box, new welded in floors, corners, brakes,schocks ,carpets etc. mostly from W&N . Very nice black leather interior , wood could be redone for the "purists" .
Ever repainted ( Fjord blue) by PO and not a great job.... specific hood & trunk , nice from 10 feet away.

Would like to get 30k € for each, being my "cost" in the blue car , in the red one of course a lot more invested , but more difficult to find a new owner and his intentions with it.

I wil answer all extra questions if needed… perhaps a Europe member ? many extra sets wheels/new tires , spare 3.5l engine with good compression & oil pressure as i checked ….

thanks for interest ! ( not yet "local" for sale or second hand internet sites . )

As stated , i'm building a Porsche 928 rally car ( not street legal ) and will buy a second 928 , street legal, for our Marathon rallies .

Yper12018.jpg
SAM_2676.JPG

dj_efk

Reaction score
That blue one looks great! I’m sure that will find a home in no time as a good driver / rolling project to improve whilst enjoying it.

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
yes, the blue one is a good driver while enjoying and restore to "perfect ? " the basic is already there , new floors and corners. …. but the red one is so much more fun to drive … a little "beast" and above all, reliable, 5 years of regularity rallies without any problems . Yes , the M5 S38 engine died in 2017 , but now a new !! M30 3.5L. I estimate that brand new engine has now less than 5k miles.

shanon

Reaction score
Hey there Barry,

Any chance of getting any detail pics of the 'oil pan protector plate' set up or basic dims?
It caught my eye and I have some aluminum sheet laying around ;)

Thx and GLWS!
-s

Eric H

Reaction score
Hey Barry,

Do you know if the modified engine rule only applies to Belgium or if it applies to other European countries(specifically Germany)?

Question 2 for the general audience... Has anyone imported a vehicle with a non-original engine? What would best the best thing to do? Just pull the engine?

Thanks,
Eric

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
Eric , the "modified" engine is not a problem in my rally CS . Besides it is a M30 with Webers, headers ...
Problem is Intrax suspension, brakes, hydraulic emergengy brake, pedal box ? , roll cage ? , etc...

Do not know how far one can go with a complete different engine ... ? as a M5 or even a V8 in a CS ??? Here they check chassis #'s , not engine #'s.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Question 2 for the general audience... Has anyone imported a vehicle with a non-original engine? What would best the best thing to do? Just pull the engine?

Hi Eric,
as Barry has pointed out, only the chassis # is important whilst importing.....the engine will become an issue when going for TÜV. Even that can be ‘eingetragen’ depending on what engine, whether for H plates and as always, who you know.....
Im few miles south of Frankfurt, in Griesheim/ Darmstadt.

regards
Keshav
ps, Rotterdam is a good place to import to, 6% import duty for cars over 30yrs old.

Last edited: