1975 E9 in a UK scrap yard / parts yard!

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Well that makes more sense. For some reason, eBay descriptions don't work on my windows phone.

Simufly

Reaction score
E9 parting out

However, they don't seem to know much about BMWs. The price they are asking for the parts are quite scary. I suspect it will stay as it is.

scrappydog

Reaction score
However, they don't seem to know much about BMWs. The price they are asking for the parts are quite scary. I suspect it will stay as it is.

Did you manage to speak to them? I e-mailed them and called the number but I couldn't get a response. I'm looking for some transmissions parts to start my conversion / refurb project, but I'm having difficulties tracking down classic BMW breakers in the UK. Who/where do you guys get your parts from?

Andy

Simufly

Reaction score
E9 scrapper

Did you manage to speak to them? I e-mailed them and called the number but I couldn't get a response. I'm looking for some transmissions parts to start my conversion / refurb project, but I'm having difficulties tracking down classic BMW breakers in the UK. Who/where do you guys get your parts from?

Andy

I only managed to communicate with them by email. I even had to send them a picture of the bits I wanted. The price they came back with made me laugh. Wrong planet.

Rek

Reaction score
I only managed to communicate with them by email. I even had to send them a picture of the bits I wanted. The price they came back with made me laugh. Wrong planet.

Agreed. The prices they are asking are shocking. Are there any places where the people in the UK with spares can get together. I have plenty to sell and I am sure the rest of us are the same.

If there's any interest here, then PM me and I will see what I can do go organise something even if it's just an email list.

I would guess that we could include Western Europe as well as shipping might no be such a problem.

scrappydog

Reaction score
Agreed. The prices they are asking are shocking. Are there any places where the people in the UK with spares can get together. I have plenty to sell and I am sure the rest of us are the same.

If there's any interest here, then PM me and I will see what I can do go organise something even if it's just an email list.

I would guess that we could include Western Europe as well as shipping might no be such a problem.

Great idea!!!

Pm sent

Andy

mr bump

Reaction score
The seller has a lot of parts for sale, E9, E3, 2002 ect ect, he just uses that csi pic as a guide, thats not the parts car in the pics.

Christopher

Site Donor
Reaction score
I've been there, and had a few parts, and left without my shirt. The light blue CSI is indeed the car, and the only E9 they have at the scrapyard. The way he prices the parts is by taking a look at the new price on RealOem and then asking for 50% of that - he wants £550 for a rusty front bumper !. i was lucky to score 2 black wiper arms that were virtually brand new for £10 each, because RealOEm lists them (rather oddly) at $25 each. They are uncompromising and it wasn't the most pleasant experience to deal with them, but it was useful to be able to have my pick from a virtually complete late model CSI.

Simufly

Reaction score
I've been there, and had a few parts, and left without my shirt. The light blue CSI is indeed the car, and the only E9 they have at the scrapyard. The way he prices the parts is by taking a look at the new price on RealOem and then asking for 50% of that - he wants £550 for a rusty front bumper !. i was lucky to score 2 black wiper arms that were virtually brand new for £10 each, because RealOEm lists them (rather oddly) at $25 each. They are uncompromising and it wasn't the most pleasant experience to deal with them, but it was useful to be able to have my pick from a virtually complete late model CSI.

Bother! I wanted those wipers!

coalboy

Reaction score
Need a left hand strut

Ive got through to these guys on the phone but still waiting for prices, Im looking for a left hand strut for a 1973 CSL to take a Bilstein shock. Can anyone help??

e9john

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi,

I got the drivers side front strut off them this week, mine was the wrong one that wouldn't take the Bilstein strut and was damaged, they were asking £ 200.00, I offered £ 150.00 and we settled at £ 170.00 + £ 7.50 p&p. I found them OK to deal with and it arrived 2 days later.

John.